Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

License fees

Old 12-05-2006, 12:18 PM

Default License fees

The thread in bowhunting regarding license fees spured my thread here. I think that non-resident hunting fees are outlandish and I think way too high. Last time I checked I was American and should be able to hunt in every state in the union without having to pay some rediculously high non-resident fee. I am not saying that fee for non-resident should not be higher, but 10 times as much?
Old 12-05-2006, 12:23 PM

Default RE: License fees

Yah its the same here in Canada and i think it stupid as well. I think there should be an increase but the increase it is ridiculous right now.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why should you a resident paying taxes in a different state/province be considered the same or marginally higher fees compared to those living in the state or province paying all year long! It is quite simple a luxury tax but it does help off set the burden of extra resources required to fullfil the need for the non-resident crowd. If nothing else it can be viewed as a limiting factor I suppose so that the game doesn't receive huge pressure making it tougher for the local residents to share success in the field.

I have no problems with the higher license fees and would like to see saskatchewan dump the canadian free for all in lieu of a Hunter Host program such as other provinces currently use.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM
I have no problems with the higher license fees and would like to see saskatchewan dump the canadian free for all in lieu of a Hunter Host program such as other provinces currently use.
Amen Brother, then we can also pick and choose who we allow to hunt in the province rather than a free for all for guys who have no repect for the land owners here.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been reading that as well, and I don't mind the idea of high non-resident licenses. I have realized, however, that Michigan's licenses are WAY overly priced compared to other states. What about Canada's prices?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

out of province fees for canadian residents are usually 3-4x the price for residents. For example, I just paid $140cdn for my canadian res whitetail tag in Sask, the same tag would cost a Sask resident $33cdn.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's similar to MI.

Res = $15 for one tag.
Non-Res = $138 for one tag.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

Skeeter and Hia, we've discussed this before so I know where you both stand on non resident season and why. My question is how would you feel about a hunter host system for canadians with increased access to other species as well as partial access to the limited entry system (draws)? Given that sask residents currently enjoy sole access to the fantastic muledeer and elk hunting, would you be prepared to sharein a systemthat wouldbe more controlled from an access point of view?

Old 12-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well said skeeter...
Old 12-05-2006, 01:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Saskabush
Skeeter and Hia, we've discussed this before so I know where you both stand on non resident season and why. My question is how would you feel about a hunter host system for canadians with increased access to other species as well as partial access to the limited entry system (draws)? Given that sask residents currently enjoy sole access to the fantastic muledeer and elk hunting, would you be prepared to sharein a systemthat wouldbe more controlled from an access point of view?
I hear what you are saying sask and in my opinon some yes and some no. The elk population is growing here out of control however most of the elk are isolated into specific areas so as it is everyone and there dog goes into these spots and pounds after elk for 2 weeks. If you threw in out of sask hunters into the mix i think it would only get more hectic. Believe me i want the elk dead but i do not think this would help maybe even do more harm. As for the mule deer they are on a draw for rifle in the province as is but i don't have any problem with out of towners hosted for them because they seem to grow all over the province each year. This nov we spotted 2 herds of them north or town which never occured when i was a kid. Starting to see them every place you look and i wouldn't mind them getting shot off a little more than what the have been. As for the moose i will leave that to skeeter.

Quick Reply: License fees

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.