Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 A neck shot deer that lived - so far. >

A neck shot deer that lived - so far.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:05 PM

Default A neck shot deer that lived - so far.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:04 PM

Default RE: A neck shot deer that lived - so far.

that would be a good pic to post in the neck shot vs shoulder shot thread. i personally take a lot of neck shots with no problems but some of the other guys here are totally against it. i think the problem isn't where you aim at the dear, it where your bullet actually hits. i can hit a quarter 90% of the time at 100 yrds and i know when i see a deer it usaully drops in its tracks. o well i hate seeing deer injured, my brother wounded a nice 4 pointer on opening day
Old 12-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

what time of the year was this pic taken? couldnt it also be a scar from fighting?
Old 12-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: axp117crow

that would be a good pic to post in the neck shot vs shoulder shot thread. i personally take a lot of neck shots with no problems but some of the other guys here are totally against it. i think the problem isn't where you aim at the dear, it where your bullet actually hits. i can hit a quarter 90% of the time at 100 yrds and i know when i see a deer it usaully drops in its tracks. o well i hate seeing deer injured, my brother wounded a nice 4 pointer on opening day
What about the other 10% or the unusual events of it not dropping in its tracks. This picture is why I am one who does advocate neck shots. I have the ability as well just choose not to take such a shot b/c I know I ain't fail proof! To each his/her own though!
Old 12-02-2006, 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

ORIGINAL: axp117crow

What about the other 10% or the unusual events of it not dropping in its tracks. This picture is why I am one who does advocate neck shots. I have the ability as well just choose not to take such a shot b/c I know I ain't fail proof! To each his/her own though!

there is no point in having 2 of these neck shot threads goin lol. but as you said to each his/her own. opinions are like *******s lol
Old 12-02-2006, 08:09 PM

I seen this over on archery talk. Explain to me arkansas 3 point rule. Is it atleast 3 points on one side
Old 12-02-2006, 08:47 PM

that how PA is. half the state is at least 3 points on one side and the other half if at least 4 on one side. the other side doesn't matter as long as at least one side has the minimum
Old 12-02-2006, 10:15 PM

ARKANSAS LAW OF THE 3 POINT RULE SAYSA BUCK MUST HAVE AT LEAST THREE POINTS ON ONE SIDE TO BE A LEGAL BUCK.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Fork Horn

IMO That wound looks more like a barbwire fence gouge. Possiblethe deer tried to squeeze through a fence? Not sure of location where picture was taken. Haven't seen many rifles shots enter and exit that leave that kind of damage on both sides of the neck.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Safe rebuttal!

Quick Reply: A neck shot deer that lived - so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.