HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   A neck shot deer that lived - so far. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/168100-neck-shot-deer-lived-so-far.html)

MichaelT. 12-02-2006 05:05 PM

A neck shot deer that lived - so far.

A neck shot deer that lived - so far.

axp117crow 12-02-2006 06:04 PM

RE: A neck shot deer that lived - so far.

that would be a good pic to post in the neck shot vs shoulder shot thread. i personally take a lot of neck shots with no problems but some of the other guys here are totally against it. i think the problem isn't where you aim at the dear, it where your bullet actually hits. i can hit a quarter 90% of the time at 100 yrds and i know when i see a deer it usaully drops in its tracks. o well i hate seeing deer injured, my brother wounded a nice 4 pointer on opening day

BowHunter46 12-02-2006 07:14 PM

what time of the year was this pic taken? couldnt it also be a scar from fighting?

skeeter 7MM 12-02-2006 07:25 PM

ORIGINAL: axp117crow

that would be a good pic to post in the neck shot vs shoulder shot thread. i personally take a lot of neck shots with no problems but some of the other guys here are totally against it. i think the problem isn't where you aim at the dear, it where your bullet actually hits. i can hit a quarter 90% of the time at 100 yrds and i know when i see a deer it usaully drops in its tracks. o well i hate seeing deer injured, my brother wounded a nice 4 pointer on opening day
What about the other 10% or the unusual events of it not dropping in its tracks. This picture is why I am one who does advocate neck shots. I have the ability as well just choose not to take such a shot b/c I know I ain't fail proof! To each his/her own though!

axp117crow 12-02-2006 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

ORIGINAL: axp117crow

What about the other 10% or the unusual events of it not dropping in its tracks. This picture is why I am one who does advocate neck shots. I have the ability as well just choose not to take such a shot b/c I know I ain't fail proof! To each his/her own though!

there is no point in having 2 of these neck shot threads goin lol. but as you said to each his/her own. opinions are like *******s lol

BWfVA 12-02-2006 08:09 PM

I seen this over on archery talk. Explain to me arkansas 3 point rule. Is it atleast 3 points on one side

axp117crow 12-02-2006 08:47 PM

that how PA is. half the state is at least 3 points on one side and the other half if at least 4 on one side. the other side doesn't matter as long as at least one side has the minimum

MichaelT. 12-02-2006 10:15 PM

ARKANSAS LAW OF THE 3 POINT RULE SAYSA BUCK MUST HAVE AT LEAST THREE POINTS ON ONE SIDE TO BE A LEGAL BUCK.

DOUBLE-LUNG 12-03-2006 12:43 AM

IMO That wound looks more like a barbwire fence gouge. Possiblethe deer tried to squeeze through a fence? Not sure of location where picture was taken. Haven't seen many rifles shots enter and exit that leave that kind of damage on both sides of the neck.

skeeter 7MM 12-03-2006 03:23 AM

Safe rebuttal:eek:!