Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New Camo?

Old 01-14-2002, 11:08 AM

Default New Camo?

I just saw on cnn that the USMC applied for a patent on 3 different camo outfits that make them almost completely invisible.I am wondering will these ever be found in army surplus stores.I know it will be hard to get unless you are in the military.I would be interested in seeing them and wonder if maybe someone will come out with something similar like they always seem to do.
Old 01-14-2002, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Camo?

Don't know about availability, but I heard that the technology used involves bending light rays around the person wearing it. Similar to fiber optics, it conducts light from behind you through the fibers and out the oppostie side. So, when someone looks at you they see what is behind you.

It's not perfect and has some distortion, but sounds fantastic. Imagine the applications...

Keep 'em all in the Bull.

Edited by - bulzeye on 01/14/2002 12:19:05
Old 01-14-2002, 12:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Imagine the cost!!! I saw a show that covered this, great stuff, but expensive is not the word for it! If you the a scent lock suit cost money wait until you see the cost of this stuff.

The Tazman
Old 01-14-2002, 03:32 PM

If thats for real, seems like you could move and have little distortion, and not been seen.

The question is, you take the suit off and lay it on the floor, or wherever, how do you find it again?

BTW, have not seen anything on it personally.

--Jim
Old 01-14-2002, 03:49 PM

Hucklburry,I think I will pass on the new camo.Tazman says it cost an arm and a leg and I don't want to be spending all day in my house looking for it.
Old 01-14-2002, 03:56 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-14-2002, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

There are so many good types of camo on the market now that I don't see why anyone would want to pay the high price of this new camo!
I have had deer and turkey at arms length from me while wearing Realtree and Mossy Oak camo.
So if you are wearing Realtree or Mossy Oak and game is still spooking around you, then something else is wrong! You are either being winded, making too much noise or moving too much!
There is no camo that will ever cover these mistakes!
Old 01-14-2002, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

I am definitely ROTFLMAO!!!
If there's one thing to say about you guys, it's that you're not lacking at all for a good imagination.
It's not THAT good. Check it out.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,42898,00.html
Old 01-14-2002, 10:40 PM

Thanks for the news story link, billyb. The "new" camo looks a lot like the German "flectar" pattern to me. The thing I think is best is that the new suit is cheaper than the old BDU's and that the Marines like the new features more.

The Mouse
Old 01-17-2002, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys, I guess I misled you with the response about the fiber optic type I mentioned. Although it is actually being developed, it is not the same as the new pattern the USMC is actually using.

It looks pretty good, but I can't imagine it's worth the cash.

Keep 'em all in the Bull.

Quick Reply: New Camo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.