Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

the can?

Old 12-01-2006, 08:41 PM

Default RE: the can?

My dad bought one last year first time he used it was during the M/L season first week of december.The first time he flipped it over a big 11point came running down the treeline to him,He won't make that mistake again.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:46 PM

Iv had a Primos can for about 5 heres now,the best bleat deer call u can get in my opinoin..iv called in alot of deer with it,even got my first bow shot with it about 2 years ago,and yeh they do work,well..

I done it twice,then wait about 15 20minutes then hit the can 1-2times max and wait bout 30minutes and maybe hit it again every 10minutes longer or so is what i dun,and sometimes a grunt call every now and then in between
Old 12-02-2006, 08:54 AM

well thanks for all the help. [8D]
seems like a good buy now....if only it would come in the mail...

Old 12-05-2006, 07:13 PM

well i used it tonight and i have to say. it really works. i just ran out of light waiting for the deer to come out of the brush.
i got in the woods around 3'oclock and started calling with it...saw nothing till about 5:15 it was a small spike and it was looking for it. it went into a thicket that sit in front of my stand...and as soon as it left i hit the call once more and heard what sounded like two deer coming out of some pines behind me. and this is in a stand i have seen nothing out of this year. by the time i saw the outline of a deer it was too late.
thanks for the help guys.

next time i plan on buying something i might have to ask here.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

had a buck come in last year during bow. i was grunting and using the can at the same time with some doe piss out in front of me. came right in to see what all the ruckess was about. nice little 6 but i let him walk. boy that was a mistake, lol.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used one this year for the first time,probobly hunted 40 times,and used it 10. Not realy a fair test so ill have to keep at it.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Come to think of it, the beatty buck was called in using the can.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:34 AM

ive used it and it works, doesnt scare the deer away that i can tell either so nothing too lose
Old 12-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

Blow into the hole, you can make the bleat as long as you want instead of the 1/2 second bleat just turning it upside down gives you. I've called a few bucksin with it and one seriously motivated black bear.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

I had good luck with the can this year. During one particualr hunt I had numerous deer respond to the can. After making me, the deer would come back after I used the can. To sum it up, I had an 8 pointercome in 5 minutes after using the can. Worked for me on this occassion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.