Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

head wound

Old 11-30-2006, 04:48 AM
Spike

Default head wound

hey guys,
yesterday i was squirrel hunting with my friend and got hit with a rikochet from a pellet gun.....i was hit right above the ear and there was lots of blood, there is a bump about the size of a pellet under the skin but my dad (whos a doctor) looked at it and stuck a steralized needle into the entrie wound and didnt feel anything so we assume its just swelling and are waiting to see if it goes down, do you guys think its in there...its feels alot like one??
Old 11-30-2006, 04:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: head wound

I would just get an x-ray. That or a metal detector.... My father inlaw has a metal detector and it picks up the screw in my leg.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pellets are lead so more than likely not sure if a metal detector will pick it up or not. Id say your best bet would be an X-Ray.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hopes it clears up soon so you can get back to hunting. You and your friend stay safe out there, and be sure of what's behind your targets!
Old 11-30-2006, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

when i was young and dumb (15 or so) i was rabbit hunting with my trusty ole 22... shot at a bunny and missed.. bullet hit a log that was waterlogged and frozen... ricocheted off of that... hit an old junk semi truck cab near by (hit the grab handle actually), ricocheted again and came back and popped me in the stomach just below the rib cage... lots of blood... hot and burning... i thought i was in deep doo doo... began to panic a bit.... but it all panned out when i got the bloody tshirt off to find the bullet had only made it slightly into the muscle and i removed it with some tweezers and finally got the bleeding to stop... wish i was a skinny now as i was back then

its nothing to mess with... if there is a "hole" you should be on your way to see what is in it... if no hole then i reckon its just a goose egg... but better safe than sorry...
Old 11-30-2006, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your dads a doc,an x-ray is cheap insurance on the other hand if he was
concerned he would have done already!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah your dad is way more qualified than the members here to diagnose you.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, your dad may be a doctor, but I'm a board certified witch doctor! My recommendation is to take a mature rooster, pluck three tail feathers, tuck them behind your ear, then chant a Caribean song while slitting the throat of the rooster over a dish to capture the blood. Then drink the blood. All will be well.

Just kidding. Hey, if your dad is a doctor and he feels that it is OK to monitor the situation, I think that is a wise course to follow. He probably has thought about the worst case scenario and doesn't feel that much harm can come from monitoring the situation even if his initial diagnosis was wrong. If the swelling doesn't go down, then he'll address the problem again.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Spike

thanks guys......the little bump hasnt changed at all so i think im gonna head to the hospital tonight
Old 12-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Don't you remember "You'll shoot your eye out kid!" JK

Quick Reply: head wound

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.