Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Today's Hunt, crazy times

Old 11-23-2006, 09:18 PM

Default Today's Hunt, crazy times

so first off today started off good, my cousin called and said lets go hunting about 11am.i said sounds good to me.i am inmy standat 1 am and thought it was just us 2 , about 10 till 3 i hear a shot , and i waited, cause we both said we'll stay out till dark ,soabout 10 mins later i see a deer down on the creekto my left and behold a nice10 pointer, he was broad side to me and i knew he wasn't gonna turn and walk under me, so i got ready for him to travel up the ridge andgive me a better shoting lane at him. and just like i thought he did , bam!! i shot him with my 7mag seemed to be a good shot to me ,and then 1 min later i hear someone walking to me , he calls out and heads for my stand it's my neighbor who was hunting also close by , i'm like what the ? anyways he said did youget him , i said yes belive i hit him good , he says where i pointed and he walks over that way and said which way he run off i pointed again behind me and he walks on that way , and again i am thinking to myself what the hell is he doing?so i go back to hunting and behold my neighbor's dogs run by my stand then a few mins later they chase 4 does by my stand , i'm like what is wrong with people, so dark comes , me and my cousin are at the 4 wheeler and the neighbor shows up and says ya u hit that deer blood everywhere , i tracked him for like 1 mile , the whole time i am looking at him thinking whats wrong with this person, so he leaves , i ask my cousin why was that guy tracking my deer? have people in this world gone crazy and have no common sense and no respect , anyways we looked tonight for the buck and found blood and a blood trail , going out again in the moring to look for him , just thought i'd share my crazy story with you all , good luck everyone , seven
Old 11-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Today's Hunt, crazy times

You shot a nice 10 point and didn't go fairly quickly to see what kind and how much blood you had? I would have been with him every step andif the buck wasn't found quickly the trailing would have stopped for at least an hour to give the deer time to lay down...
Old 11-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Typical Buck

im w/ tc on this one, i have a hard time letting my deer sit for 3 min before i go check em out, let alone a nice 10 pointer that was being trailed by a neighbor i hardly know. anyway, good luck finding him, hopefully your neighbor didnt push him too much. some guys at our camp lost a big buck that way over the weekend, pushed it too hard too fast and the deer went a long ways and they never did find it.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

You let doesgo by without a shot after shooting a 10 point? What were you still hunting for, an 11 point? Doesn't sound right to me.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:06 AM

yes last week i saw one that was alot nicer in my opion , taller rack and better width, and i always let my deer bleed out a few mins befor i go check and i knew i hit the deer ,so i was gonna wait till it dark and get him . cause i know if you don't wait a while you can push the deer out away from ya and never find it , thats why i didn't go right after it .going out to look for him in a couple hours , wish me luck, hate to see him wasted =(, seven
Old 11-24-2006, 05:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

cause i know if you don't wait a while you can push the deer out away from ya and never find it , thats why i didn't go right after it .
That may be true, but what's the difference if your neighbor is going to push it? I would have told your neighbor to get lost and get away from that bloodtrail. Why did you let him start following your buck while you sat there hunting?
Old 11-24-2006, 11:08 AM

well we always like to wait 30 min. after i kill a deer that way he would bleed out and wont jump up an run.... that sure is weird with your neighbor.... i would have said get off my property and dont go near my deer or ill call tha warden
Old 11-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, did you find him?
Old 11-24-2006, 12:52 PM

O Yes ! found him about 12:30 today , he turned out to be a 9 pointer , i am happy with it , will post pics later tonight of him ,thx everyone for the comments , seven
Old 11-26-2006, 06:49 AM

well we tracked him about 1 and a half miles back in , it was about 12:30 when we found him , the deer behind me is my cousins and his son's they got that evening , his 8 pointer turned out to be bigger than my 9 , but think we had a good thanksgiving for all of us =)

Quick Reply: Today's Hunt, crazy times

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.