Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Package/Outfitter hunts
0%
Own property
20.00%
Leased private property
6.15%
Hunting Club (Timber Co. land)
1.54%
Public hunting
26.15%
Permission to hunt private property
21.54%
Family/Friends property
24.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

What land do you hunt?

Old 11-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default What land do you hunt?

What type of land do you hunt? I know most of us don't have an unlimited budget, so I'm not knocking any type of land you hunt, but usually the more private the land is, the more control over it you have, and the hunting is usually better!
Currently, I am on a "hunting club" (leased timber company land.) The area is not that great. I have hunted some great timber company land in the past though, and also private leases. I will be looking for better next year! I just wanted to get a break down on where everyone hunts! Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2006, 05:11 PM

Default RE: What land do you hunt?

What about getting permissioni from the landowner? Not a lease, not public ground.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bass Deer! Thanks, I added that option! In the "big business" of hunting down here, that is almost an extinct option!
Old 11-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Mixture:
Member of two hunting clubs, timber company and private lands in Alabama
Own land and have family land to hunt in Alabama
Have friends/business partners that have about 10,000 acres I can hunt in Florida for free

Old 11-23-2006, 05:34 PM

Family land, 800 ac.Very lightly hunted all around us.I hunted 4 days last weekend, and the few shots I heard were way off in the distance.I pretty much have it all to myself.
It is a great feeling knowing I can let nice bucks walk, and have a real good chance of getting them the next season.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Dominant Buck

I have some of my own land but it isn't that large and I hunt mostly public land. Here in Vermont if it isn't posted we have the right to hunt without permission. They call it open land hunting. It is just our way of life here but as time goes on more out of state people buy up the farms, sub divide it and then the posted signs come. 20 years ago posters were almost never a problem but today in certain areas of the state it is posted up tight. I like to hunt the paper company or state game lands especially if they are vast in size so I can hunt all day without crossing the property.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

I have been very forntunate. About 10 years ago we drove the 4 hours to Northeast Missouri and started knocking on doors to find a place to hunt. After 3 days of doing this we came across the farms we hunt on now. The farmers have become dear friends of ours and they visit us from time to time. They allow us to keep our camper there all the time and help us butcher our deer, wrap it and even use their freezers. They are the most wonderful folks I have ever met.
We get to fish their ponds and hunt turkey, squirrel, andrabbits.
Oh by the way they charge us nothing for this. We show our gratitude by doing chores and treating them to supper.Some of the time the mrs. just cooks for us. Lucky me!!!!
Old 11-24-2006, 07:53 PM

I hunt on a 8800 acre farming ranch! That is not even CLOSE to being managed. I need new hunting ground!

They shoot everything that walks and I can not for the life of me locate a spot they dont ruin my hunting!
Old 11-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

I have 50 acres i own and my uncle owns about 5,000
Old 11-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

all public land. you have to hunt harder and do more work to be successfull on public land

Quick Reply: What land do you hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.