Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Music in the woods?

Old 11-23-2006, 12:39 AM

Default Music in the woods?

Hey guys,

Just wondering for people like me who get borde fast and still love hunting, is it ok to listen to music in your treestand? I own an ipod and figured if i had 1 earphone in very low volume do you thinka dear could hear it? haha and no im not playing any hardcore rockers stuff. Thinkin more dave matthews band

thanks,
steve
Old 11-23-2006, 05:00 AM

Default RE: Music in the woods?

That's up to you ,but I want to be able to use all my sences to my advantage.If I didn't see a buck of a lifetime coming beceause I was listening to music and didn't hear him approaching I would be ugly at myself.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree w Bake North. I once tried to read on stand to pass the time but found that I was too concerned that a deer was slipping by while I was reading. Now I just stay on full alert the whole time. At least I am confident that if a deer came in range at least I saw it.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:42 AM

I read in the stand too. When I get to the bottom of the page, I look up.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was listening to some old Grand Funk from my IPOD when I took my big buck in Canada two years ago ....you cant shoot what you cant see ...just keep a keen eye and ROCK !

dd
Old 11-23-2006, 08:01 AM

I have listened to some music while hunting although you do feel a bit guilty. On the other hand I shot a buck while listening to ACDC Back In Black a couple of years ago. Now, whenever I hear that song my trigger finger itches and I smile. Kinda neat to add your own sound track to a hunt. Now I know to the purist that this is nothing short of blasphemy but the music can actually improve your focus when making a shot. Some kind of "Zen" thing I guess? G
Old 11-23-2006, 08:18 AM

I listen to mine on stand quite a bit.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't listen to an ipod but it reminds me of a time hunting this year i heard a marching band playing from a school about a mile away. I just thought it funny to hear in the woods . You never know sometimes strange things happen . I've thought of listening to one but i think it will muffle the sound of a deer approaching
Old 11-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

only music i play in the woods is when the Mauser barks..nothin like the ring of the mauser to break the calmness of the woods!!

no music for me..that would just take away from the hunt to me. i dont know how people goto the woods and listen to music and send text messages etc. just aint me. ill take my phone..but only for the clock and emergency uses..to each his own..
Old 11-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

When watching plots I occasionally listen to football games on the radio with an earphone. Helps to pass the time.

Quick Reply: Music in the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.