Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

BUCK DOWN(pic added)

Old 11-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default BUCK DOWN(pic added)

My brother takes today off from work to go out hunting. He also bought a new T/C Omega two days ago and got it sighted in yesturday. So he goes out and sits in my stand over watching a field. I head to work and about 7:08 am my phone rings. Hes calling me from the treestand telling me that hes got one down. He saw three bucks this morning. A small 8 that I passed up the other day with the bow and a spike came out first running across the field. Ten min later a buck comes out walking. He takes the shot and it runs 50 yards and drops. He gets over to it and its a 3 point with a 10-12 inch spread (field measurement). A big spike and a fork. Hes tickled. Its his first antlered buck around our house, second ever. The other buck was up in Canada. Hopefully I'll have pics later.

Old 11-22-2006, 07:52 AM

Default RE: BUCK DOWN

Good for him. I wish that I were off of work today. I work for the Govt, so I can take time to post w/you guys. I am going hunting tomorrow morning. It is an either sex day starting tomorrow in Hall Co. Georgia. I already bagged a 190lb 8 pointer 2 Saturdays ago. I need a tasty doe now...