Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Opening day NY buck

Old 11-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Opening day NY buck

ORIGINAL: maytom

Nice buck, WTG!! The onlytrivial thingI see is with the pic's. Be sure to stick the deer's tongue in it's mouth before snapping any pic's the next time.
Why?
Old 11-21-2006, 01:48 PM

Thats a dandy of a buck NY!! Is that your son holding him?
Old 11-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely a shooter NYBH, congratulations and don't let DD talk down your deer, I don't think he's sold on that whole spread thing....
Old 11-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Definitely a shooter NYBH, congratulations and don't let DD talk down your deer, I don't think he's sold on that whole spread thing....
I'm not too worried about a dude that pays $4500 to kill a buck andnot only comes home empty handed, but doesn't even seeone. Maybe it's me but something just doesnt' coorelate there [:-] Besides I've seen his "monster bucks" he posted last season lmao.

It's a different ballgame when you have to scout your own deer, hang your own stands, do your own legwork, don't rely on an outfitter to set you up, etc.... No DD, like I said it may not be the biggest buck in the woods, but I'm dang proud of him. I hunted him all by myself without paying money and without the help of someone driving me to a stand and telling me where to sit.

Oh and by the way I had to walk about a mile and a half to this particular stand. The things you have to go through while hunting .....geesh!!
Old 11-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

I'm not too worried about a dude that pays $4500 to kill a buck andnot only comes home empty handed, but doesn't even seeone. Maybe it's me but something just doesnt' coorelate there [:-] Besides I've seen his "monster bucks" he posted last season lmao.
NY which of my "monster" bucks would you be referring to?...alsoI complimented you on a nice buck ...as for paying $4500 for a deer hunt it makes as much sence as spending $1500 for goof clubs and another $4 or $5000 to play goof all year ....you pay high dollars to chase a little white ball and I paid high dollars to chase a bigwhitetail ....

dd

dd
Old 11-21-2006, 07:18 PM

congrats nice one. How wide is he
Old 11-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's a good coorelation my old buddy (golf/hunting). To put it in your terms it would be like Tiger Woods playing a round of golf for me and me writing down the scores and handing in my scorecard.

*And for the record I have NEVER chased a golf ball.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck NY - congrats on a fine hunt.

You sound almost apolagetic though. - Heck you and I know that is an above average deer here - a real trophy for most guys. I'd be pumped to take that deer - I'll bet you were!

FH

Old 11-22-2006, 01:36 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: farmcntry

ORIGINAL: maytom

Nice buck, WTG!! The onlytrivial thingI see is with the pic's. Be sure to stick the deer's tongue in it's mouth before snapping any pic's the next time.
Why?
It makes a nicer picture.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:38 AM
Site Buck Guru

NYBH, Congradulations on a nice buck.

Quick Reply: Opening day NY buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.