Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shot count

Old 11-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Default Shot count

Indiana firearms season began this past Saturday the 18th. Here are the shot counts that I heard. Saturday morning 128, Saturday evening 51, Sunday morning 43, and Sunday evening 43 Total 252. Now mind you this is what I could hear. Does anyone else count shots while hunting. But the bummer is Arrowmaster 0 shots
Old 11-20-2006, 06:22 PM

Default RE: Shot count

most was up in the 20's but 18 of those shots were from the same person[&:]
Old 11-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

When the Maryland firearms season opens this saturday, I am sure that I too will be doing this. I don't necessarily count the shots, but each year I listen for the very first one. During the early ML season this year, I swear that I hear 2-3 shots before you could even see 5 yards.[:@] I guess I tend to keep an ear out though, just in case my Dad or another one of the people out with us gets a shot before I do. Then I do the usual and get mad that everyone is seeing deer and I'm not.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first shotgun deer season, I counted 21 shots by noon the first day, and there were only 3 other hunters close enough for me to hear.
No one got a deer. I was floored. I don't know how you can put that much lead in the air and not hit what you're aiming at. I'd be pretty disappointed in myself if I missed with one shot, much less 20.

I didn't shoot all day. I was too busy making sure that there were tree trunks between me and the other 3 hunters I could see. [:@]

If I heard 252 shots in 2 days, I'd be too busy keeping my head down or shooting back to worry about deer.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

I tend to listen for the shot and then theimpact sound. Most of the time you can tell when they hit the target.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like yall are in the wrong woods.
I would be afraid of getting hit with a stray bullet.
I think I would look for other land to hunt.

JMHO
Old 11-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

Where were you hunting???

Opening morning I heard 66 shots before I shot my deer at 9:30am... I told my father on the radio how many shots I'd heard.. and he said "the only shot that matters is yours"... not 5 shots later.. and I shot a nice 10 pointer in Orange county near Lake Patoka. After thatI lost count for some reason....

Old 11-20-2006, 09:12 PM

Opening weekend i heard maybe 10 shots at the most, that was all day saturday and sunday, unfortunately i didnt see a deer, however on tuesday i bagged a monster that im working on posting a story for you guys,
Old 11-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Typical Buck

i didnt hear as many shots as normal
Old 11-21-2006, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bulzeye, are you sure that there are only3 people in distance of you hearing there shot. I don't think that is possible anywhere. where are you hunting?

Quick Reply: Shot count

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.