Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I'm Back from Alberta

Old 12-25-2007, 08:09 PM

Default RE: I'm Back from Alberta

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

2ndday on the stand and you start shooting a decoy????????? How does an outfitter take care of such a client??
I have been on 7 Canadian bear hunts. On three of the hunts I have sat from 3 pm till dark(8:30 pm) 5 solid days in a row, motionless with black flies and mosquito's swarming my head net(before I learned about the thermacell) and never even saw a bear. That is why they call it hunting and not shooting. As an experienced hunter, Iaccept the fact that the game may not offer me a shot or that I may never see the game. To me that is one ofthe thrills about hunting; the unknown.I sure as a hell am not going to whine to my bear guide or get on a public forum and whine about not seeing a bear. Sniveling is not attractive on a grown man. I have a buddy that used to guide city slicker guys on Montana wilderness elk hunts. He quit guiding because of whiney clients like your type. TIGER, maybe video game hunts, like Cabelas big game hunts, would provide more pleasure for you.[8D]
Wow, I'm impressed. YouACTUALLY managed to sit in a stand for 5 1/2 hours EVERY day, for 5 SOLID days? I'm sure THAT was rough! ROTFLMAO

Yeah, your a real "hardcorehunter" alright. LMAO
Old 12-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

2ndday on the stand and you start shooting a decoy????????? How does an outfitter take care of such a client??
I have been on 7 Canadian bear hunts. On three of the hunts I have sat from 3 pm till dark(8:30 pm) 5 solid days in a row, motionless with black flies and mosquito's swarming my head net(before I learned about the thermacell) and never even saw a bear. That is why they call it hunting and not shooting. As an experienced hunter, Iaccept the fact that the game may not offer me a shot or that I may never see the game. To me that is one ofthe thrills about hunting; the unknown.I sure as a hell am not going to whine to my bear guide or get on a public forum and whine about not seeing a bear. Sniveling is not attractive on a grown man. I have a buddy that used to guide city slicker guys on Montana wilderness elk hunts. He quit guiding because of whiney clients like your type. TIGER, maybe video game hunts, like Cabelas big game hunts, would provide more pleasure for you.[8D]
Wow, I'm impressed. YouACTUALLY managed to sit in a stand for 5 1/2 hours EVERY day, for 5 SOLID days? I'm sure THAT was rough! ROTFLMAO

Yeah, your a real "hardcorehunter" alright. LMAO
Yea, even with blackflies and mosquitos eating me, I remained motionless and I wasn't once tempted to shoot an arrow at a Krispy Kreme donut at the bait site. LMAO!!
Old 12-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Banned

Edit; Never mind. DD, you brought it upon yourself torun yourmouth in another thread I have in the off season,where I state thatI am tired of Harleys and want to buy a new custom prostreet chopper. Youattack my views on custom scoots with 300 mm rear tires, my knowledge on what bikes are worth,and I am not much of a guy to take crap off of a guy that is ignorant on a subject. I could sit here all night and pick you apart withyour spelling(99% of every postyou make are spelled wrong), andyour views on outfitters and hunting, but I won't stoop anymore toyour level of personal attacks. I have owned harleys for years and have the desire for a custom chopper; you on other hand are new as a harley owner and think they are the only way(Not to mention you are employed by Harley).
DD,we are obviously at different levels in our lives with our hunting and our tastes for bikes.You rifle hunt onlyand I only bowhunt. You have different expectations from an outfitted hunt than I do. Hey, whatever makes your sticker peck out. If we all liked the same things, it would be a boring world. Life is too short for such nonsense.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

There are some greatCanadian Whitetail outfitterswith excellant success rates for under $2500.
Not many in Alberta or Saskatchewan.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Typical Buck

Hi DD, Where in Alberta were you hunting?In the NW Alberta [Grand Praire region ]there was close to an 80% die off RE: accumulated 9' snow fall and spring tick infestations.Got this from a warden while looking for a bull moose this fall.We saw 4 moose in a week of hunting[no bulls]compared to the year before seeing 20. Fields that had over 100 deer in them at dusk had 1 or 2. Completely wiped out.The elk were not effected and my son shot a 3pt meat bull at 400 yards with his 25-06.Not making excuses for the outfitter but this is how weather and nature can effect hunting.I went on a 14 day guided hunt in the Yukon in 94 and I was teamed up with a "guide" who was also from Alberta and had never set foot in the Yukon before and we were sent into an area the outfitter had never hunted before.I found all this sh-t out later.My guide was scared of bears and was later fired when he wouldn't let a German hunter shoot a big boar!I live and hunt in Alberta but have witnessed first hand both good and bad outfitters in action.............Sorry things went badly but chalk it up to experiance...........Harold
Old 12-26-2007, 03:25 AM
Bartender

I think you have a twin double d in the bow forum, lol
Old 12-26-2007, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Edit; Never mind. DD, you brought it upon yourself torun yourmouth in another thread I have in the off season,where I state thatI am tired of Harleys and want to buy a new custom prostreet chopper. Youattack my views on custom scoots with 300 mm rear tires, my knowledge on what bikes are worth,and I am not much of a guy to take crap off of a guy that is ignorant on a subject. I could sit here all night and pick you apart withyour spelling(99% of every postyou make are spelled wrong), andyour views on outfitters and hunting, but I won't stoop anymore toyour level of personal attacks. I have owned harleys for years and have the desire for a custom chopper; you on other hand are new as a harley owner and think they are the only way(Not to mention you are employed by Harley).
DD,we are obviously at different levels in our lives with our hunting and our tastes for bikes.You rifle hunt onlyand I only bowhunt. You have different expectations from an outfitted hunt than I do. Hey, whatever makes your sticker peck out. If we all liked the same things, it would be a boring world. Life is too short for such nonsense.
YADAYADAYADAYADA ......YOU MUST BE ON CRACK HCH ....IF I HAVE TOLD YOU ONCE I HAVE TOLD YOU 20 TIMES I HAVE BEEN RIDING A MOTORCYCLE SINCE YOU WERE CRAPPING YELLOW ...AND A HARLEY FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS AND YOU SAY THATS NEW TO HARLEY??? BOY YOU AINT SEEN THE BALL SINCE THE KICK-OFF..YOU SAY THAT YOU KNOW THE MARKET BECAUSE YOU WATCH EBAY LOL...THATS LIKE HAVING STEVIE WONDER READ A ROAD MAP TO YOU...I GET PAID TO KNOW THE MARKET HOSS.... YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO OUT TYPE ME AND OUT SPELL ME BUT WHEN IT COMES TO MOTORCYCLES YOU DONT KNOW CHIT FROM SHINOLLA...I CAME TO THAT OBVIOUS CONCLUSION READING YOUR THREAD ...ANYONE WHO LOOSES $25000.00 ON TWO HARLEYS (AND IT WOULD HAVEBEEN MORE IF YOU HAD NOT LIED TOONE OF THE BUYERS BY NOT TELLING HIM THAT ONE HAD BEEN TOTALEDAND REBUILT) ...IN MY HUMBLE OPINION DONT HAVE A CLUE OFABOUT THE MARKET OF HARLEY'S NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU RUN OFF AT THE MOUTH....RAY CHARLES COULD HAVE SOLD TWO HARLEYS AND NOT LOST THAT MUCH ....I INVITE ANYONE TO GO TO YOUR THREAD (OFF SEASON) AND READ IT

dd
Old 12-26-2007, 05:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Pioneer2

Hi DD, Where in Alberta were you hunting?In the NW Alberta [Grand Praire region ]there was close to an 80% die off RE: accumulated 9' snow fall and spring tick infestations.Got this from a warden while looking for a bull moose this fall.We saw 4 moose in a week of hunting[no bulls]compared to the year before seeing 20. Fields that had over 100 deer in them at dusk had 1 or 2. Completely wiped out.The elk were not effected and my son shot a 3pt meat bull at 400 yards with his 25-06.Not making excuses for the outfitter but this is how weather and nature can effect hunting.I went on a 14 day guided hunt in the Yukon in 94 and I was teamed up with a "guide" who was also from Alberta and had never set foot in the Yukon before and we were sent into an area the outfitter had never hunted before.I found all this sh-t out later.My guide was scared of bears and was later fired when he wouldn't let a German hunter shoot a big boar!I live and hunt in Alberta but have witnessed first hand both good and bad outfitters in action.............Sorry things went badly but chalk it up to experiance...........Harold
THANK YOU HAROLD ...I WAS HUNTING IN AREA 508 AND THE OUTFITTER WAS DON TYSCHUK....

dd
Old 12-26-2007, 05:51 AM
Bartender

SOB double D you help me make it through these long nights of 3rd shift and for that I thank you.
ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

YADAYADAYADAYADA ......YOU MUST BE ON CRACK HCH ....IF I HAVE TOLD YOU ONCE I HAVE TOLD YOU 20 TIMES I HAVE BEEN RIDING A MOTORCYCLE SINCE YOU WERE CRAPPING YELLOW ...AND A HARLEY FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS AND YOU SAY THATS NEW TO HARLEY??? BOY YOU AINT SEEN THE BALL SINCE THE KICK-OFF..YOU SAY THAT YOU KNOW THE MARKET BECAUSE YOU WATCH EBAY LOL ...I GET PAID TO KNOW THE MARKET HOSS.... YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO OUT TYPE ME AND OUT SPELL ME BUT WHEN IT COMES TO MOTORCYCLES YOU DONT KNOW CHIT FROM SHINOLLA...I CAME TO THAT OBVIOUS CONCLUSION READING YOUR THREAD ...ANYONE WHO LOOSES $25000.00 ON TWO HARLEYS AND IT WOULD HAVEBEEN MORE IF YOU HAD NOT LIED TOONE OF THE BUYERS BY NOT TELLING HIM THAT ONE HAD BEEN TOTALEDAND REBUILT ...IN MY HUMBLE OPINION DONT HAVE A CLUE OFABOUT THE MARKET OF HARLEY'S NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU RUN OFF AT THE MOUTH....RAY CHARLES COULD HAVE SOLD TWO HARLEYS AND NOT LOST THAT MUCH ....I INVITE ANYONE TO GO TO YOUR THREAD (OFF SEASON) AND READ IT

dd
Old 12-26-2007, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

SOB double D you help me make it through these long nights of 3rd shift and for that I thank you.
ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

YADAYADAYADAYADA ......YOU MUST BE ON CRACK HCH ....IF I HAVE TOLD YOU ONCE I HAVE TOLD YOU 20 TIMES I HAVE BEEN RIDING A MOTORCYCLE SINCE YOU WERE CRAPPING YELLOW ...AND A HARLEY FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS AND YOU SAY THATS NEW TO HARLEY??? BOY YOU AINT SEEN THE BALL SINCE THE KICK-OFF..YOU SAY THAT YOU KNOW THE MARKET BECAUSE YOU WATCH EBAY LOL ...I GET PAID TO KNOW THE MARKET HOSS.... YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO OUT TYPE ME AND OUT SPELL ME BUT WHEN IT COMES TO MOTORCYCLES YOU DONT KNOW CHIT FROM SHINOLLA...I CAME TO THAT OBVIOUS CONCLUSION READING YOUR THREAD ...ANYONE WHO LOOSES $25000.00 ON TWO HARLEYS AND IT WOULD HAVEBEEN MORE IF YOU HAD NOT LIED TOONE OF THE BUYERS BY NOT TELLING HIM THAT ONE HAD BEEN TOTALEDAND REBUILT ...IN MY HUMBLE OPINION DONT HAVE A CLUE OFABOUT THE MARKET OF HARLEY'S NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU RUN OFF AT THE MOUTH....RAY CHARLES COULD HAVE SOLD TWO HARLEYS AND NOT LOST THAT MUCH ....I INVITE ANYONE TO GO TO YOUR THREAD (OFF SEASON) AND READ IT

dd
ANYTHING TO ENTERTAIN MY FRIENDS FRALEY ...ITS JUST THE KIND OF GUY I AM

dd

Quick Reply: I'm Back from Alberta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.