Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What to spend my money on?

Old 11-16-2006, 03:38 PM

Default What to spend my money on?

Well I've asked around and narrowed my choices down to 2for a gun to use in the Southern Tier of NY. (Can't use a centerfire in this region)A slug gun or a TC Omega. What would you use? The extended blackpowder season is not a big deal to me, butease of use, and acccuracy are. I know that the muzzleloader is more accurate, butI like the repeat shots available with the slug gun. I just wish I had money for both, that way I would have the best of both worlds. BTW, I've never used a ML before, but use rifles and shoyguns regularly. I also have 4 boxes of remington buckhammers sitting on the shelf. (From a previous attempt of sighting an Ithacaslug barrel for my Benelli Nova, didn't work out because the cantilever rail was mounted on the barrel crooked[:@])
Old 11-16-2006, 04:58 PM

Default RE: What to spend my money on?

id say slug gun first but thats just my opinion. o ya if youre lookin for one check out an 870, i love mine.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:37 PM

I would say get the muzzleloader.I love the challenge and the long season. What's wrong with a little challenge? The gun season is crazy anyways.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Being from the Southern Tier also,I had the same problem,until I put my shotgun away and got a muzzleloader.It's more accurate and offer less recoil than some shotguns.My area switched over to rifle,but I still carry the ml afield most of the season.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

like shafer said....an 870 combo..get the fully rifled barrel with it...you cant beat it
Old 11-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ML - accurate, better range, less recoil and why not take advantage of the extended season while still achieving your primary goal.

The first shot is your best chanceI don't worry about follow ups.Make it count and notch your tag!!
Old 11-16-2006, 11:07 PM

Ill have to agree with skeeter above me, i have an omega also so i guess im biased but i love mine and it does the job wonderfully,