Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer cart vs. deadsled

Old 11-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default deer cart vs. deadsled

I was wondering what is the best way to drag your deer out? Should I get a game cart, dead sled, or other? I mostly hunt grassland, with a few thicket patches (usually able to avoid). Sometime in the woods.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:54 PM

Default RE: deer cart vs. deadsled

bubba its called a gym membership. maybe if you spend some time lifting some weights instead of shopping on ebay you could pull your deer out.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pvilleslayer

bubba its called a gym membership. maybe if you spend some time lifting some weights instead of shopping on ebay you could pull your deer out.
You should stop shooting those baby deer then you would know that you need a deer cart. I HATE people like you! and your condescending remarks! [:'(]
Old 11-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cowboy4513

ORIGINAL: pvilleslayer

You should stop shooting those baby deer then you would know that you need a deer cart. I HATE people like you! and your condescending remarks! [:'(]
No kidding who is this terd? I checked all his posts and all he does is make rude remarks.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know man thes a-holes take the fun out of everything some one is asking for advice and all that guy can be is a complete ass.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:25 PM

bubba check out my mississippi whitetail. you would need two deer carts and a dead sled to drag him off the pond dam. check the bowhunting forum
Old 11-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

cart for grassland -

who's the jerk?

FH
Old 11-13-2006, 08:32 PM

If I ever need something to take deer out I'll probably just bodge something together. I've got an idea to just make something out of a couple bike forks and front wheels with some metal bars or 2x4s holding them together.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you hunt when snow is on the ground then a sleigh will be easier. I have used crazy carpets toplastic sleighs nothing fancy but they work well. I had to drag out a 300 + mule deer myself last week over a mile of up and down with 6-8" snow, even with a sleigh it was anything but a picnic and I ain't a small fella either[8D]!

If you hunt where snow is rare a cart be a better solution.

Also for loading deer into your truck bed I built an aid a number of years ago when guiding that works slick as snot and cost peanuts. 2 x 4 @6' then 2x2's every 12"(cut at 18" long) and screwed them on like a ladder. I then tie on the rack(or head)and rope around to the rear legs to secure the deer onto the ladder(we'll call it). Pick up the front and place on the tail gate then move around to the rear pick it up and slide the deer & ladder into your truck...done. I have loaded 300lbs deer byself with it thatpreviously would have been a long ordeal. I use it all the time as it takes the strain out of loading a deer, as no worries about the shoulder or legs getting hooked and worse bent over which can give you back troubles.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:45 AM
Dominant Buck

We don't get a lot of snow down in this end of the state , so the few times it does I use a cheap flat bottomed kid's sled . The rest of the time I either drag with an ATV or 18 hp lawn tractor . I'd like to buy a deer cart someday for when I'm not hunting at home , I could always rig it with small skis if it snowed .

Quick Reply: deer cart vs. deadsled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.