Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Brother scores his first!

Old 11-12-2006, 10:35 PM

Default Brother scores his first!

This year my brother decided to join in with my dad and me to go deer hunting.He went out one weekend with us bow hunting and saw a turkey but that's it. So he decided to join us rifle hunting as well.This is my brother's first season hunting, and hes all ready outdoing me. At 7am saturday morning him and my dad saw a really nice 130" or better buck but it was too thick to shoot and when my dad tried stopping him he stopped directly behind a tree. Then later that evening at 3:20 my brother shot this guy. We have a rule on our property that it has to be wider than its ears so my brother asked my dad if he was a shooter. He looked and said yea. He took the shot and didnt feel too good about it but the deer kicked back. They got down and found small amounts of blood, so they decided to wait a while then go look for it. Turns out after following the blood trail he only went 60 yards and expired just over the ridge. Here is my brother's first. I'm really proud of him.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Brother scores his first!

congrats to your brother
Old 11-13-2006, 01:41 AM

congrats....thats a very nice deer to be a first....lol beginners luck i quess lol....congrats to your brother job well done
Old 11-13-2006, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats to him
Old 11-13-2006, 04:50 AM

good one,congrats on his first
Old 11-13-2006, 06:47 PM

has he been field gutted? he looks like it... nice rack... nice deer tell ur bro i say congrats!!!!!!!!! i wish i'd shot a deer that nice... or any deer for that matter.... i just don't see enough deer
Old 11-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats great First buck brings back memories of my first buck lets see that was... 7 years ago i was 14 wow time flies by!!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:43 PM

Very nice deer. Tell him to aim for the chest and the meat will taste better. Congrats. MV out!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:09 AM

Yea he was field dressed before we took the pictures. He shot a perfect shot through the lungs so the meat will taste fine.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:14 AM

Nice deer! I just shot my first buck in Georgia last weekend. It was a 180 or 190lb 8 pointer...we will always remember our first buck

Quick Reply: Brother scores his first!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.