Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Guy tried climbing in my stand >

Guy tried climbing in my stand

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Guy tried climbing in my stand

Old 11-13-2006, 06:29 PM

Default RE: Guy tried climbing in my stand

I was about to lose it but I didnt trust the guy not to try something..I had a guy take a deer from me in columbia county the year before after I shot it when he spooked it out of the valley. I had 2 shots in the 4 pointer, my first buck, and he came up the hill about 30 minutes later and I was dragging it down..to meet my father and he said he would be taking it. I didnt know what to do and I didnt trust the guy, so I let it go. We saw the guy at the walmart get out of his van and go insideand my dad wanted to take the tag off the deers ear so the guy would get in trouble for an illegal deer if he gotcheckedbut I told him it wasnt worth it...sometimes you have to let things go...after that I have killed 12 deer in the southern tier so that one wont matter. thats how I got the name ElmerFud.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

man elmerfud- I would have pistol whipped that guy. People absolutely amaze me sometimes with their stupidity alone!
Old 11-13-2006, 09:36 PM

I know what you mean. I would have loved to knock that guy out but i didnt trust him not to turn a gun on me..got to watch out for that..remember the guy in wisconsin a few years back who shot those guys when they told him to leave their treestand??
I dont trust some people, especially if the act that way..

best of luck to you hunting..I cant wait for our southern tier to open on saturday for rifle/shotgun...I didnt get a deer last year, maybe this year will be better.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:30 PM

Sounds like yall are way to nice !! The more you let people get away with stuff the more people that'll do it.. I was raised way back in the sticks and I'll tell ya what you trespass on any land you weren't suppose to be on I guarntee you'd never do it again..