Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Money Kills

Old 11-07-2006, 11:49 AM

Default Money Kills

I was eating my lunch and watching a hunting show called Track and Trail adventures. A hunter quoted while he was in the blind ( small house) that the deer was "Out of My Price Range".....You gotta be kiding me. Why dont you just go to the taxidermis and BUY your trophy there.

Even better as they were all bousting and taking pictures of the deer he shot a 200 inch plus deer was watching them so another guy pics up his gun an shoots it. They then go over and fil the deer and state how it "All worked out" like they had been on stand for days.....It was the first morning.

More and More I am noticing the selling of Whitetails and it just makes me furious. I know that they can not be in the record books but give me a break. I wish they had a channel just for Farm Raised deer hunts maybee something like the Wanna Be Channel. They could show clips of huge deer and you could just phone in your order then show up and get your trophy.

There I said it and I am done........ 100% Wild 100% fair is the only method that can be called Hunting!

Took care of it for you...and I 110% agree with you!!!!

My apologies...you might want to put those prices back in.....its late and again, my apologies for editing those too.....
Old 11-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Money Kills

who in their right mind would pay at thise prices. 25,000 wow for just a darn deer.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:01 PM

Tried to remove ranch name but can not delete for some reason. If any knows please remove all contact information as I am not slamming the ranch in particular just the methods.

Thanks.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

hek it costs me $30 to go and kill a 150 inch deer! and thats just for gas and arrow. They want $2,500 for that. Person gotta be nuts. All they do is sit in the stand and watch 50 deer and pick one out. I dont get what's so fun about that. I was gonna go to a ranch but now i said hek with it im going fair chase with no fences!
Old 11-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

that is completly stupid who do these people think they are not the ones who run the ranch but the desperate city slickers who have never even seen a buck in the woods they go spend an hour in a heated blind and shoot a monster buck. complete crap.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

When you consider people fly to Las Vegas and stay a couple of nights, lose a half a million dollars and think they had a great time, this doesn't surprise me. Some guy with megabucks can go sit for an hour or so and kill a trophy for 20 grand, have it mounted and put on the wall and talk about how great a hunter he is.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Pretty sad state of affairs,I can't believe some people will defend that kind of so called hunting. I got called an anti hunter when I posted my thoughts on this subject on a very well known hunting celeb's forum. Needless to say I left that joint in a hurry.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:39 PM

Killing on a ranch is not for me. I could not deal with the story behind the mount. I have 3 mounts now - 9 point whitetailbuck/ 5x5 bull elk / spike bull horn mount (first bull with rifle). Although I am proud of these mounts, I am prouder to say that I got all of these fair chase...
Old 11-07-2006, 07:43 PM

Granted I haven't shot a deer yet, but if I shot a deer that way I would just feel dirty. And not the good dirty I feel after coming out of the woods covered in dirt, leaves, mud, etc. I label that awesome dirty.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Fork Horn

What really tops it off is the iowa sales tax% at the end. Wow, It takes all kinds. What a mess the hunting world is becoming.

Quick Reply: Money Kills

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.