HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Hardest kicking gun youve ever shot (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/162893-hardest-kicking-gun-youve-ever-shot.html)

Montana Bob 11-05-2006 08:34 PM

RE: Hardest kicking gun youve ever shot

Hands down, 23 pound single shot bolt action rifle chambered in 50 Cal BMG

Pickerel 11-05-2006 08:41 PM

I haven't shot much, but the worst for me was probably one of the random single shot 12-gauges they have at the retriever club I worked with. One time they put me on an island throwing decoys with one hand and shooting blanks from the hip with the other. Granted blanks don't recoil as much as a regular shotshell, but they started smarting when I was almost through a box of shells!

jonnyslim 11-05-2006 09:34 PM

some older 10 gauge pump. I was sitting at a bench and it still nearly knocked a filling out or two. I didnt ask to shoot it again.

younggun308 11-06-2006 05:01 AM

ORIGINAL: jonnyslim

........nearly knocked a filling out or two.
You're supposed to put the butt to your cheek, not yourmouth!

Icetrey 11-09-2006 08:07 PM

bullet head, you silly goose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buck_Slayer 11-09-2006 09:10 PM

My friends break-action single shot 12 guage,,,I swear that thing only weighed about 2 pounds and has kicked about 5 times as hard as any other gun I have ever shot...

mybigredford 11-09-2006 10:36 PM

so far for me i would have to say my 30-06, but i am always into trying guns so i am waiting to try something bigger.

saxonassassin 11-09-2006 10:56 PM

505 gibbs....

younggun308 11-10-2006 06:41 AM

ORIGINAL: saxonassassin

505 gibbs....
Ouch! Do any companies make the .505 anymore? Funny these British cals, there's the .303,and the .505! Do they intentionally make the thrid number match the first?

tazman7 11-10-2006 06:55 AM

Suprisingly my NEF .20 single shot kicks harder that our 30-06! That thing is a shoulder bruiser there-

Its cool that you want a hard kicking gun or whatever but I dont see the point...You only get 1 shoulder in life, screw it up and its sore the rest of your life, take this from me, im 21 years old and I threw my arm out pitching in high school, lost all possible scholorships, cant throw a baseball anymore when I used to be able to pitch high 80's, and now I wake up all of the time with it sore...just a thought? Im just curious why you want a hard kick? No pun intended, just a question..