Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

leupold VS bushnell/nikon

Old 10-31-2006, 11:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default leupold VS bushnell/nikon

I have used them all and leupold seem to be the worst of the bunch. why do people insist on thinking that leupold is superior? When it comes to low light conditions they are.....the worst. when it comes to clarity they are .......the worst. Please look at all high end scopes in all companys before overpaying for leupold. Have extra money? You must if you own a leupold, please IM me and I will give you my paypal account # I will take your cash.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: leupold VS bushnell/nikon

I read a lot on the www.opticstalk.com/ forum (rifle scope forum part) where there are a LOT of very knowledgeable scope professionals and the general consencus is that Leupolds are over priced for the quality. They also have a great optics store online with very competetive prices on new scopes and equipment as well as a refurbished/demonstrator sales department.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I stop hunting at the end of the day because there is not enough light to identify targets with my naked eye -- and this is about 30 minutes after sunset, the end of legal shooting light in at least a couple of states -- I find there is still plenty of visibility in my Leupold VariX-III 3.5-10x 40 mm scopes. Maybe other scopes are brighter, but what does this greater brightness do for me when I have to be packing up and heading back to the house by law before the Leupold's brightness fails?

I have Leupold VariX-III 3.5-10x 40 mm scopes on my .243, .25-06, and my sporterized springfield .30-06; I have a Leupold VX-III 3.5-10x 40 mm scope on my Remington ADL .30-06. These scopes have never given me a lick of trouble. I see targets very well through these scopes. Why would I change? To save a few dollars? I don't find the price of these scopes outrageous. I don't feel like taking chances and experimenting with other scopes to see if they are at least as good but cost less. My experience thus far in my 50 years of living is that generally if you pay less you get less. Something is liable to not provide as good service in a less expensive scope: either customer service, repair turn arounds, warranty service, or heavy use in the field is liable to let you down. I'm confident that the Leupolds will not let me down, and if that means I have foolishly overpaid by $100 for this level of confidence . . . that is no big deal as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the main reasons i have kind of turned my back on Luepold is because one of my buddy's scopes are not a wide field of veiw and i dont like that i'll stick to my nikon's thanks. And the prices are out of this world, why would i pay 500$ for a junk scope when i could go and get a nice nikon for 200$. I just dosn't make much sense to me.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

I like both brands. I did however purchase the Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40and am very happy with it. My buddy and I both agreed that the Nikon had better optics. They both have life time guarantees. Although like I said I am more than satisfied with the Nikon, I am considering the Leupold for my next one in the very near future, same size, 3x9x40.
One good fact about Leupold is that they are made in the good old USA. If you are into that king of stuff.

Mac

Old 11-01-2006, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea...Leupolds are junk...That's why 40% of deer hunters use them...

Old 11-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Spike

I have Leupolds on all my guns.....Nikons are like theToyota of rifle scopes, they are cheap and they last a while. But quality is what i go for thats why i go with USA made Leupold
Old 11-01-2006, 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

Yea...Leupolds are junk...That's why 40% of deer hunters use them...
I agree, without having owned one, that Leupolds are fine scopes, but 40%?
Old 11-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep...Look at the poll...actually 42% on here...I have seen similiar figures on Graybeard as well...Remington scores above the rest as well...
Old 11-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Relative to the value of Leupold customer service and warranty service, see this thread on another forum titled "I Love Leupold!"

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID27/388.html

The Reader's Digest version of this thread is that many hunters have damaged their Leupold products through their own abuse and negligence (for example, thrown off a horse and land on the rifle scope attached to the rifle slung across their back when they were thrown off the horse) and had Leupold just send them a brand new optic, promptly and no questions asked. That kind of service on a warranty has to be worth something. Would Nikon replace a scope busted in two when your horse threw you off and you landed on the scope attached to the rifle slung across your back? See the thread: it is good reading.

And again, the context is that it is ludicrous to say that Leupold scopes are crap and don't work for the intended purpose. My four Leupold's sure work just find and dandy for me. I'm not saying they are the best possible scope -- just haven't had any reasons to complain shooting in legal shooting light out to 400 yards for big game, my intended use for the scopes.

Quick Reply: leupold VS bushnell/nikon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.