Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The CAN

Old 10-25-2006, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default The CAN

I was wondering mainly how everyone feels about this but I think here in MS, there are so many people using the can that it has little effect on deer.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:22 PM

Default RE: The CAN

Like all calls, scents and decoys it can be over used real quick. But I have killed three deer that I owe to the can. Deer were going other direction, gave it the can and deer stopped and came right in. But I have had countless times that they have just looked and walk on!
Old 10-26-2006, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

have tried it several times, & hasn't worked for me yet, think I'm gonna put it in the garage's round file to be cleaned out on wednesday![:'(]
Old 10-26-2006, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've tried it for 3 years and havent had a darn thing come to it. And where i hunt theres only one hunter that hunts in the 200 acre radious or whatever and he doesnt use the can either.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:12 AM

I have had more success with a grunt.. Been using the can for a couple of years, one doe responded..
Old 11-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had really good success with the can over the years. I can get them to come right in. Most of the time I see them first then use the can.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used one for 2 years and never had a single deer respond to it. I've pulled in a number of deer with my bleat and grunt calls, but they don't care about the can where I hunt. I threw mine away earlier this season.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:44 AM

Great...I just bought one. I'll try it then give it to the kids to annoy their mom if it's no good.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:07 AM

I have brought in a few does with the can in the past 3 years. I find it works best in conjunction with grunting and wheezing. I wouldn't consider it a must in my arsenal, but I usually carry it with me. Hey, to get the job done right, you need the right tools!
Old 11-02-2006, 11:55 AM

I've got this DVD I picked up by Fiduccia (sp?)on calls. He talks about the can and about how many people misuse it.....in that if you turn it slow and give a long loud blat, that's actually an alarm blat and will drive deer away. He says there are several different kind of blats...for example an esterous blat was three short "whiney" blats with about 1 second in between blats and how you should couple that with a tending grunt....he gos though blats and bleats and grunts and blows...etc....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.