Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

POACHERS

Old 10-25-2006, 01:41 PM

Default RE: POACHERS

Some people are just jerks. Stupid poachers. [:@]
Old 10-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: younggun243

What do you mean? A warden visited my hunter's safety course when I took one, and he seemed alright. It was at a hunting club, andthe staff there knew the wardenand I don't think that they would've invited him if he was a jerk! Maybe a TWRA
(Tennessee Wildlife ResourcesAgency)game warden is different from a regular game warden.) Man, I'm starting to sound like I come from Texas!
Forget the above statement that Tennessee wardens are special, they're just ordinary people like everyone else.

Where are you from anyway? Alaska, 'cause people do stupid things there.
I am in Texas. I am sure all wardens aren't jerks, but the ones in my area ARE! Long story short, seven years ago, my oldest son killed a big deer that we took to enter in a big buck contest at a local convenience store. The lady that owned the store was measuring the rack when the game warden showed up. He walked right past the deer and never looked at it. (As a side note, this all took place on a Sunday morning, and the warden was in "street clothes" but driving his state truck.) He went in the store and bought some snuff. When he came back out, the store owner called him over to see the deer. His first words about the deer was that he didn't believe that my son had killed it. My son was CRUSHED. There was absolutely no call for his actions. If he had believed it, he should have questioned me. He got back in his truck and left me to explain to my son how people might be jealous of someone young killing a good deer. My son's buck did win the big buck contest. I called the state office and filled a report on the warden but nothing ever came of it. I guess they cover for their own.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:19 PM

I'm glad you decided to clarify that you don't think ALL game wardens are jerks, because I can assure you that is nowhere near the truth. I have dealt with several game wardens who are fine people, and I even worked with one for the first part of the summer. I think that most of the game wardens in Wyoming are great guys.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

Poachers suck!!![:@]Well compared to how I have it youll have it easy.

I own 600 acres of land in Millican,Tx.80 acres is a swamp that is fenced in by itself.In the past 5 years a bunch of poachers have stole 2 feeders from me.They also have torn down the fence with a bulldozer and stolen about 50 "NO HUNTING" and "NO TRESSPASSING" signs from the fence.What is worse,the game warden did nothing!!![:@][:@][:@]He came out there once,but he didnt see anybody that day so he left and blew it off.Also,the sad thing is the feeders that they stole were on the oposite side,not the side next to there property.Which means they just walk through it.But heres what relly tick me off.My son won aCuddeBack camera at the Ducks Unlimited Banquet so he wanted to put it by the feeder.Now you can guess what happend,THEY STOLE IT!!!!!!![:@][:@][:@]Now the neighbors have leased there land that is next to us to 20 hunters to duck hunt on!!!So I have to make my son miss youth weekend because I have to fix the fence!!!DAMN POACHERS!!!![:@]
Old 10-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Icetrey

Poachers suck!!!...the game warden did nothing!!!
The moral to the story? Maybe it is just Texas game wardens?
Old 10-25-2006, 03:44 PM

Game wardens here in north alabama are pretty nice. My cousin is one
Old 10-25-2006, 04:34 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

ORIGINAL: younggun243

I'll be rooting for those wardens!
This is very unfortunate series of events, but I can't/won't EVER root for the game wardens. In my area, they are the BIGGEST outlaws and jerks to law abiding sportsmen.
I have to agree. Here in MD on a state WMR, there is a gamewarden this will ride you like a donkey if he thinks you are breaking the rules. I just always thought he was a stickler for the rules. Then he gets busted poaching deer. And the wild part is they didn't fire him, they just moved him off of one piece of property lookign over another in another county.

I didn't know all this until I married into this family, where my new wifes uncle used to be his boss and told me all this.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Pa WCO's are usually very nice and courtious people. Just dont break the law and they are fine. Break the law and the will hammer you! Thats they way it should be. Keeps honest people honest and jerks out of the field!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:12 PM

Lets see, the landowner shot at the Poachers who were breaking three laws. Taking game illegally, trespassing and criminal trespass because they had weapons. The landowner shot a weapon on his own land. I shoot on my own land all the time. I do not see as good as I used to, if someone is illegally on my property they take the risk of being shot!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:30 PM

hypothetically speaking if you saw a poacher's truck or w/e are you legally allowed to blow out a tire? bc ur not allowed to actually shoot them tho right?

Quick Reply: POACHERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.