HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   POACHERS (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/161545-poachers.html)

cwillard 10-25-2006 12:50 AM

POACHERS

Hey everyone, A couple of days ago some guys poached abuck on someones land. They shot the buck and decided to come back for it the next day. Well the guy who owned the land found it dead in with his cattle before the guys came back to get the head. He called the wardens and by the time they got their the guys were back getting the head. The land owner took a few shots to scare them off before the wardens got there. The wardens chased them but they only caught one, (THE TRUCK OWNER,) the other three took off running in the woods. The one they caught was drunk and high on dope. They took his truck and the weapons he had with him. My family owns a house and some land close by and this really disappoints me considering this place has always been on of my favorite vacation and hunting spots. Italso has always been really peaceful and low crime. It really makes me sick how people would do such low things for money and then all they probably would have done with it was get high.

younggun308 10-25-2006 01:11 AM

RE: POACHERS

Yeah, some people have no respect for anything. It's a shame.
In the meantime, I'll be rooting for those wardens!

m.t.hands 10-25-2006 01:24 AM

The land owner took a few shots at them but they were to far.
lucky for him,and ihate a poacher as much as anybody, but if he would have hit any of them i imagine histroubles would just be starting

Deleted User 10-25-2006 02:00 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

MN_Deerman 10-25-2006 06:52 AM

ORIGINAL: cwillard

The land owner took a few shots at them but they were to far.
[:@]It wasn't that long ago we had a thread about this. I feel bad for the guy for having this done on his land, but in my opinion he should be hauled off to jail.

uncle matt 10-25-2006 08:13 AM

Of course I don't condone the actions of the poachers. But I have alot of questions from your post.

What on earth was the landowner thinking when he took shots at people who posed absolutely no immediate threat to him? If he would have hit one of them it would have been agg. assualt w/ a deadly weapon. If he killed one of them it would be an outright murder case as he knows the weapon would most likely kill before he pulled the trigger. A prosecuter would love such a cut & dry case IMO.

Did the game warden know the land owner took shots at these poachers? If he did know and did nothing about it I can only wonder what the heck is going on down there? If he knew he should have arrested the land owner.

It ain't the wild west anymore.

NCSportsman 10-25-2006 09:52 AM

I'd bet that the landowner only fired shots to scare them and wasn't trying to shoot them.

Poachers really suck. Last season I found 2 dead deer with the horns sawed off at my hunting spot.

What fun would that be to brag about a deer you illegally shot? There is no story to be proud of behind that.

Kind of like fenced in ranch hunting. Thats not hunting, thats pretend hunting...

cwillard 10-25-2006 12:07 PM

Sorry everyone I must have accidentally left some stuff out. He shot with a shotgun to scare the people, not to harm them, and the spot where they were was at the edge of the pasture right by his back yard. Sorry again I was half asleep when I wrote the post.

retrieverman 10-25-2006 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: younggun243

I'll be rooting for those wardens!
This is very unfortunate series of events, but I can't/won't EVER root for the game wardens. In my area, they are the BIGGEST outlaws and jerks to law abiding sportsmen.

younggun308 10-25-2006 01:17 PM

What do you mean? A warden visited my hunter's safety course when I took one, and he seemed alright. It was at a hunting club, andthe staff there knew the wardenand I don't think that they would've invited him if he was a jerk! Maybe a TWRA
(Tennessee Wildlife ResourcesAgency)game warden is different from a regular game warden.) Man, I'm starting to sound like I come from Texas!
Forget the above statement that Tennessee wardens are special, they're just ordinary people like everyone else.

Where are you from anyway? Alaska, 'cause people do stupid things there.