Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Food Plots and Feeders

Old 10-24-2006, 06:29 PM

Default Food Plots and Feeders

I have one planted food plot and several feeders on my land, but for the most part the deer leave them alone. Especially the corn feeders. I know there are pleanty of deer in the area since I have seen 24 so far this year from my stands. I have lots of hard woods on my place so I know the deer have plenty of acorns to eat. I was just surprised that the deer would walk right past the corn without even hardly noticing it. Same with my food plot which is mostly clover.

Also have you found the deer to like the corn scattered or piled on the ground?

Thanks
Old 10-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Food Plots and Feeders

Well I do know that the deerike the corn spread out.But with the other question,I guess that they have other things on there minds like the rut.Honestly there is no telling.Just wait and see.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:45 PM

In my area deer wont eat much corn untill abig frost sours the acorns.Also the deer here prefer corn spread out not piled.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:41 PM

here in arkansas, there is a lot of acorns on the ground, and deer prefer acorns over anything any day. Its one of their main foods. Once the acorns have gone, they will convert.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:16 AM

What I see is that as soon as the acorns drop deer ignore everything else, except for maybe soyabeans and some types of clover, and not much of that......but as soon as it starts to get colder and and the acorns start to get mealy they go back to the corn.