Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Gunhunting vs. Bowhunting

Old 10-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Gunhunting vs. Bowhunting

I know there is already a thread asking if you rifle hunt or bowhunt but i have a paper for school I need to write on why bowhunting is better than gunhunting and could use some more in depth imput from you guys.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:13 PM

Default RE: Gunhunting vs. Bowhunting

Just do both

I like them both for different reasons.

Arrowing a deer is awesome but it pales in comparion to getting to hunt with my son. So I would have to pick rifle hunting right now.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Truthfully neither is better than the other. They are both so very great. I personally like bow hunting a little better, but I wouldn't say it is better. The reason I like bowhunting better is mainly because the animal has to be closer. It is a little more challenging because of the different variables. Being between 10 and 50 yards from an animal is somuch more exciting than being 150 yards from it. Its a completely diff. adrenaline rush. Hope that helps some.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

If I could choose the topic I would probably describe the differences rather than which is better, simply because you can list the facts with the differences instead of all opinion.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:27 PM

i love to do both., i see neither better then the other., i bowhunt allot ., and i gun hunt less., but i still have to get the deer in close(in my mind) with both weapons.it is so hard for me to tell you how to differ the two., now if i was to write this paper i could go on and on., just remeber ., if you were a new hunter. and i had to give you tips, weather with bow or gun., 1-safty 2-eithics 3- enjoy
Old 10-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

I would like to just write about how they are both good because i also love both but the type of essay i am writing has to compare 2 things and state why one is better so thats why i asked why you guys think bowhunting is better. Thanks for the input
Old 10-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Ask this same question in the bowhunting section of this forum you will get tons of input there.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:39 PM

good topic for the paper is how Bow Hunting lets you hunt smaller peices of land. In more Urban area this helps with the population in areas where you cannot hunt with a rifle.

I love them both ..
Old 10-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

It is just a preference by the individual. I prefer rifle hunting. I hear of way too many deer being "stuck" and being lost.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

I greatly enjoy anytime in the woods, so I love both bow and gun hunting. I also want to get a smoke stick so I can try that out. The more flexible you are, the more likely to be a very successful hunter.

Quick Reply: Gunhunting vs. Bowhunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.