Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Staying Dry

Old 11-14-2002, 04:35 PM

Default Staying Dry

I haven't purchased rain gear yet , and was wondering if there is any kind of spray or something that I can treat my clothes with , to help me stay drier longer. We have an 80 % chance of rain all day Sat.
Thanks,
Old 11-14-2002, 06:09 PM

Default RE: Staying Dry

Try some 3M Scotch Guard. You can find this in most any hardware store and even supermarkets.

Simply spray it on all of your cloths and let it dry, this will greatly help has a water repelant. Good for light drizzles. Hard poor, just kick back in the cabin and relax.

Good luck!

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!

Edited by - jred on 11/14/2002 20:33:18
Old 11-14-2002, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Staying Dry

Sound like you're hunting in my neck of the woods with the rain. I'm not aware of anything you could spray on your clothes to help keep you dry. Here's my suggestion. Go to Wal-Mart and get a cheap rain suit. You should be able to get a Stearns brand for under 20 bucks. You may not find a camo suit but the blue or yellow ones will get you by. On Saturday morning put on a light layer of clothes, then the rain suit, then another layer of clothes. I've got a $40 dollar "plastic" suit but sure would like to have a Gore-Tex one.