Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rifle or Bow?

Old 10-21-2006, 08:11 PM

Default Rifle or Bow?

Do u use a rifle or a bow the most?
Old 10-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rifle or Bow?

Bow the most because the season is longer.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Typical Buck

Rifle.I can understand if you want the challenge and more of a season,but when I hunt I want to know that just about anywhere close to where I aimed,will drop the animal.Less hassle,less worry.With a bow, if you are just a hair off you will never see the deer again.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bow - and ONLY bow. Even during the guns seasons. I've been successful more years than not during gun seasons.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use both, went through the bow crazy stage but must admit I now use a gun more than a bow. I actually use my Muzzleloader's the most asseason here runs all of October plus I hunt in the ML zone which it runs trhough till December. My bow is mainly used now forbear, elkand moose it seems.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

I use both, went through the bow crazy stage but must admit I now use a gun more than a bow. I actually use my Muzzleloader's the most asseason here runs all of October plus I hunt in the ML zone which it runs trhough till December. My bow is mainly used now forbear, elkand moose it seems.
DITTO Skeeter ...my thoughts to

dd
Old 10-22-2006, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Rifle ..Florida has a short archery season compared to rifle.
C7
Old 10-22-2006, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use both but i use the bow alot more. I love bowhunting since its more of a challenge and your closer to the deer.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rifle, but I don't own a gun yet, but I'm saving every dime and plan to get an ADL or SPS in 7mm-08!
Old 10-22-2006, 09:06 AM

I guess I would say I use my bow more often. The season is longer as already mentioned, you obviously don't have 100+ yards to "play" with and I enjoy the challenge. I have yet to take my bow out in place of my muzzleloader (pretty attached to it too), but that doesn't mean I won't.

Once gun season comes in, I'm likely to have a dead deer within a week of hunting due to an extended range and different, accomodating stand locations, so my gun hunting days are usually cut short by success.

Quick Reply: Rifle or Bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.