Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What brand of bow should I use to whitetail hunt? >

What brand of bow should I use to whitetail hunt?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Matthews
22.22%
PSE
16.67%
HOYT
16.67%
Fred Bear
2.78%
Alpine
2.78%
Martin
11.11%
Parker
2.78%
bowtech
16.67%
Bear
0%
Other
8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

What brand of bow should I use to whitetail hunt?

Old 10-19-2006, 10:40 AM

Default What brand of bow should I use to whitetail hunt?

What is the best brand of bow to deer hunt?
Old 10-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What brand of bow should I use to whitetail hunt?

You might want to put this on the bowhunting forum.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:09 AM
bigcountry

Got to put bowtech on there.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:45 PM

I use a Hoyt Trykon XL. But you should get what feels best to you. Do not let someone sell you a bow you dont like because they shoot it. BowTech has very good bows too. Draw cycle and letoff are important too. Dont shoot to much lbs. Shoot what you can handle and not hurt or pull something.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont let us decide your bow fate go to a good store that can let you try about 20 diffrent bows whichever feels best to you go for it dont let the price of a bow scare you either your going to have it for about 3-5 years on average so have fun and good luck.

BTW i have a Fred Bear epic extreme i have had for 6 years now and the only reason i bought it was because the had it marked wrong at My sporting goods store so i had to buy it just cause it was $200.00 off what it should have been!
Old 10-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

Whichever one feels good in your hands and is comfortable . Almost any bow ..........
Old 10-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ed McDonald Whichever one feels good in your hands and is comfortable . Almost any bow ..........
.....and you shoot well.

Why such a post? Why?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:19 AM
bigcountry

I have had 1/2 dozencompound bows, I bought because of recommendation or whatever. Best I had was a browning excellorator plus. That was a fine bow for its time in 1987. Not much now. I am drifting, bottom line if you dont' know which one you want or you don't have experience to know what feels good in your hands, don't go laying 600 dollar out on a high tech trykon or switchback. Buy you a cheap beginners bow and learn the basics. I have got some Novas shooting incredible, and they are pretty forgiving. Then you can know what comfortable is, or what to look for. Believe me short ATA bows are way less forgiving. Straight limb designs feel very good being shot but most are not beginner bows. Forget the idea of having a bow for a lifetime,you get one, you'll trade up one day. And what I have been seeing from the younger folks in bowstores, they trade up like every 2 years. That being said, I love the feel of the newer straightlimb bows. All of them. Matthews, Hoyt, bowtech, even AR. I curently shoot a libery VFT. But wouldn't mind hunting with any of them.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are all kinds of "good" bows out there. The most popular are Mathews, Bowtech and Hoyt. Go and shot them all and then decide.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like my mathews switchback

Quick Reply: What brand of bow should I use to whitetail hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.