Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Synthetic scents...anyone use them?? >

Synthetic scents...anyone use them??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Synthetic scents...anyone use them??

Old 11-13-2002, 08:22 PM
XTP

Default Synthetic scents...anyone use them??

Since Manitoba has banned the use of scents containing actual deer urine,I bought some synthetic doe-in-heat to try.Are these products any good?? I had a young buck walk right by a scent wick yesterday and never even stopped to smell it.Waste of time or not...??
Old 11-13-2002, 09:13 PM

Default RE: Synthetic scents...anyone use them??

I never used them befor but have been wonderen about them. No one in my family has ever used them except my uncle in archery season. I think it might matter about weather its pre rut, rut, or post rut. But the rifle season here in Pennsylvania comes in post rut time, their are some still braading at the time but for the most part they are done, archry and muzzaloader come in rut and after the rifle season. I never realy depended on scents and cover scents, never had a reason to. I think if you scout your hunting area and find where those deer move then you are best off with that.Always find some goos food and water sorce along with good cover, I found deer love Hemlock and pine trees because the cover they provide from snow or rain. I think they call it a funnel when you find an area with all the good stuff around. Well Happy hunten.