Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Which is your favorite

Old 10-17-2006, 09:16 AM

Default RE: Which is your favorite

As of now I must say Rifle only due to the fact I have never used a bow. I was given a Browning Timberwolf bow 2 weeks ago (I know it is not the top of the line but hey it was free with 8 arrows) I am going to practice with it and hopefully try it next season.
I look forward to the up close aspect of bow hunting. I have had several deer within 30yrds of me and man it is a rush.....even if you don't shoot. Just sitting watching them is an awesome feeling
Old 10-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never killed a deer with my bow, but I like bow hunting more. I like
bow hunting because I get to see the deer in thier natural state. Don't get me wrong, I love hunting with my 7mm MAG because I can reach out touch something, but the deer are different then because of thepressure from other hunters.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:10 PM

well i would have to say bow hunting ., but ., now that my daughter has started to gun hunt and last year was her first and she got one., and to see her face and the excitement she had .,i look forward to more of the gun season then the bow season now!.,
Old 10-17-2006, 05:56 PM

I get more of a sense of accomplishment with a bow, taking a doe at less than 30 yards with a bow is much harder than a buck with a rifle at 100 yards.....the season is way longer, there's not as many hunters in the woods and the ones that are there are more committed, they have to be.....has anyone ever met a trashy bow hunter?
Old 10-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

Definetly with a bow. The challenge is so much greater, and the sense of accomplishment is greater than with a gun for me.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

I prefer firearms , I'm a lot more confident with them . I do bow and crossbow hunt though just to extend my time afield .
Yup that just about sums it up for me!
Old 10-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Archery only for me its not that I got anything against guns it just I don't have any use for them.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haands down, bow. It is so much more personal and a heck of a lot harder!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bow hunting is definately harder and more gratifying , on that note I would like to say I have been busted three times already this season with deer just to damn close to me andI need some meat, gunna pick up the gun if I dont get one soon.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:26 PM
bigcountry

Bow, without a doubt. Only thing the gun is good for is revenge for those critters staying just out of bow range.

Quick Reply: Which is your favorite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.