Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 help with a school paper on hunting >

help with a school paper on hunting

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

help with a school paper on hunting

Old 10-15-2006, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default help with a school paper on hunting

Im writing this big old paper on hunting for my english class, and its supposed to be convincing reasons why hunting is humane and such. anyhow, i have to give reasons on why hunting is good, so far i got the obvious things like food, healtier herds,tradition, and some other things. i was wondering if anyone knew any good things that would be important to include in a paper like this, its for college and ive spent quite a bit of time on it, but it needs to be longer and im starting to run out of thiings to speak about. any help is appreciated.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:30 PM

Default RE: help with a school paper on hunting

The cash from tags helps the economy.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:03 PM

If you want ive got tons of info that i can send to you so if you want to pm me your email address ill be more then happy to send the info.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:13 PM

Hunters for the hungy might be a good thing to mention. Deer killed by hunters are killed more humanely than by being eaten alive by coyotes. Reduced deer herd also reduces collisions with vehicles.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do a search on the pittman-roberson act. It in essence, is an excise tax on all hunting related item purchases. This tax generates millions of dollars to fund wildlife restoration programs. Also check into the economics of hunting, and how the millions of hunters generate billions of dollars, through gas purchases, hotel, food and license purchases. How whole towns depend on hunting as tourism and other economic bonuses. Or maybe the hundreds of employees that outdoor related manufacturers employ. Or how through hunters and monies generated from them are re-establishing elk herds, turkey pop. and other animal restoration programs. Or how through hunting, ranches in Texas and across the US are diversifying incomes though hunts. Or how hunting in Africa, the main souce of income for some tribes is employment in hunting preserves. There are a lot of benefits that hunting brings to people, you just have to check into it. I could write a thousand pages on this subject and most hunters who have to deal with anti's should know these facts in order to maintain the upperhand.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should also say something about how hunting is how People have survived since the begining of time, if not for animals there would no be enough sustinance for us to survive eating plants and it just tastes really REALLY GOOD. haha mention also how hunters for the most part are very humane in making there kills unlike slaughter houses my cousin worked in one for awhile and he couldnt do it anymore he said he started having impure thoughts and all he was thinking about was killing, sorry that got off subject a bit. anyway keep us posted how you do on your paper.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:07 PM

mention cronic waste deise
Old 10-16-2006, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nctaxi

Do a search on the pittman-roberson act. It in essence, is an excise tax on all hunting related item purchases. This tax generates millions of dollars to fund wildlife restoration programs.
Right on nctaxi,
I have a cousin who is very anti-hunting, and thinks that her love for the animals, and her stance is really doing something for them. I told her about the pittman-roberson act. I told her that if she really wanted to do something meaningful about the wildlife she cared so much about then thebest way would be to buy a hunting license, and get into the shooting sports. She wouldn't even have to hunt. Just by buying a license she would be doing more for wildlifethan all the anti's put together.

C. Davis
Old 10-16-2006, 06:10 AM

The human as a predator is the absolute best way to manage prey species - bar none, end of story.

With regard to other predators, such as wolves, they kill year round, they harrass prey herds (elk and deer) during the winter increasing winter kill by exposure and starvation. Humans have hunting seasons and wildlife harrassment laws.

Other predators continue to kill and eat and populate until predator numbers and prey numbers are out of balance and the only "right-siding" is bydisease and starvation. Humans govern the amount of prey based on sound biology, carrying capacity of the land, herd size, etc.

Other predators take down prey animals and eat them alive until they die of shock and/or blood loss - this process can take minutes or even an hour or more. Humans kill prey in a safe and humane method - human weapons are designed for swift and effective end-of-life.

Other predators often waste their kill. Wolves, for instance, kill during times of plenty and leave the dead or wounded to rot. Humans are subject to wanton waste laws.

Other predators kill indiscriminately (i.e. pets and livestock). Humans obey species seasons and are no threat to pets, livestock or other humans.

I could go on and on, but there's much to be said for the validity and effectiveness of the human predator with regard to sustainment of prey species and humane treatment of prey species.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

What about the psychological effects of hunting. There has been research done on the benefits ofbeing outdoors and hunting. Cant tell you exactly where, but I have read about it. Did several articles on hunting during my college time-years ago.

Quick Reply: help with a school paper on hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.