Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 how far do u go to stay scent free as possible >

how far do u go to stay scent free as possible

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how far do u go to stay scent free as possible

Old 10-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default how far do u go to stay scent free as possible

these days scent control is as big as it has ever been. just wanted to know what people go to to stay as scent free as they can. i will admit i am hook on it too know! my routine is shower with widlife human scent killer body and hair wash. just regular long jons for me the budget has not allowed me to get a base layer suit yet. then my scentlock suit with head cover and rubber boots. then i spray down with wildlife scent killer and hit the woods. and with all that i play the wind every time because thats the best scent killer of all. all that other stuff just makes me feel better.

Good Hunting
Old 10-11-2006, 01:11 PM

Default RE: how far do u go to stay scent free as possible

I shower with scent free shampoo and soap as well. I wash my clothes in scent free laundry soap and I use a scent free spray right before I walk out to my stand. I don't and have any scent lock clothing and never will. Way to expensive and I never get winded with the routine I use now, so why change.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I do everything known to man including taking a toothbrush dipped in scent a way detergent and scrub my notsril hair.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

I do everything known to man including taking a toothbrush dipped in scent a way detergent and scrub my notsril hair.
I'll bet that takes longer than taking a shower!
Old 10-11-2006, 04:34 PM

I washALL of my clothes in scent free detergent from the middle of september thru hunting season(not just hunting clothes, I mean everything).It doesnt make any sense to use scented Tide on one load then try to wash your hunting clothes in the next load, that smell will hang around in your washing machine and will be in your clothes. Also, if you take a shower using unscented soap then dry off with a towel thatsmells of Bounce ... well that isn't going to do you any good either. I just use the cheap "All" brand unscented detergent for most clothes, but use the Hunters Specialties powder for my outer garments because that doesnt have any UV brighteners.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

I generally switch over to straight vegetarian meals 2 weeks prior season. No dairy, meats, cheeses, eggs, etc. I only eat oats, beans, wheat and blades of grass. One week prior opening day, I give myself a chlorophyl enema nightly before bedtime, just in case I pass gas while on stand (makes it smell like fresh cut grass). I also shave my eyebrows, armpits, genitals, etc. so I don't have any hair to retain scent. Finally, before I go on stand I saturate myself with scent killing spray then cover myself in Saran Wrap. It also insulates well so I never have much of a problem as far as getting cold. I chew on tree branches on my stand tree to keep my breath fresh and non-predator like.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:52 PM

you all are something else believe me shaving your cock will bring you no closer to the buck of your dreams any sooner. have you all thought about seeking the help of a shrink???????
Old 10-11-2006, 06:55 PM

if you all have to go to all that extreme shaving lol lol lol just maybe you all are not cut out to be hunters lol lol lol lol lol
Old 10-12-2006, 05:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Wash my duds in Sportwash and baking soda , me with HS green bodywash , unscented baking soda deodorant . Other than that I take no special precautions .
Old 10-12-2006, 06:53 AM

I do everything mentioned above, than I piss on my boots and in every scrape I can find on my way to the stand. when I getto my stand I piss all over it too.

Quick Reply: how far do u go to stay scent free as possible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.