Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 11-12-2002, 01:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-12-2002, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need some advice here. . .

This is a pretty broad ?.For starters you should try to keep the wind in your favor and also try to be as scent free as possible.You can try rattling anlers together or using deer scents and maybe a cover scent to hind the human odor.If the deer are hitting the food plots maybe they are doing it after hours in the dark--the best time for me personally has been about the last 1/2 hour before dark to watch feeding areas.When the bucks are in rut you might try hunting a water source--they get thirsty from chasing does all day and night.Another thing to try would be a scent dripper--they start dripping after they heat up about 10 degrees--daytime.hope this helps.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I need some advice here. . .

Big boys just don't hit food plots that often. Mostly they will hang back out near the hard woods. Look for them there. They will also bed in the meanist thickest mess you can find. They have alot of factors to add in before you get a good mount. Stay off the heavy trails. Find the ones that show very little use and within 100-200yds of feeding areas. Look for scrapes rubs use your nose smell the air and hunt him down. Remember to much pressure and he'll disappear. Find that spot learn it remember every branch and stump. Go back to that spot occasionally not to much and wait him out.