Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Growl

Old 09-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Buck Growl

I was wondering if anyone had any new news about the buck growl. I almost bought one but I am afraid it is a big joke. I personally have never heard a buck actually growl.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Buck Growl

could it be just another version of a grunt call?

Old 09-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

I was talking to one of my hunting buddies a few min. ago and he said it sounded like a grunt someone was blowing to hard.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bought one shortly after they came out. I have heard a buck growl in the woods before. I shot him last fall. This call is the most realistic and versatile call that I have ever heard. You can do so much more than growl with it. I cant wait to use it late october-mid november. If youve never heard a buck growl in the woods its a sound you wont forget.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed. Great call.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks I appreciate it and I will definitly be going to buy one tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Fork Horn

Does growl too, heard/seen it a few months ago. I was fishing along a wooded shore up in Wisconsin around 2am. I heard a bunch of twigs snapping and it whatever it was, it was getting closer, it was about 15 feet from me. All of a suddon it let loose a growl that nearly made me crap my pants. I thought it was a bear. I grabbed my pistol and flashlight and froze. Finally got the light on it, turns out it was a Doe. I couldn't believe it, it didn't like me being there at all. She just stood there and watched me for a good 10 minutes before moving on. One of the weirdest things I ever seen.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:36 AM
Fork Horn

I heard a buck growl once while on the way to my stand. Then he showed his incisors and barked at me! But he was wagging his tail so I knew he wouldn't bite! LOL
Old 09-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm 55 years old, been hunting since I was about 15 and I've never heard a deer growl or have I ever heard of anybody else hearing a deer growl. Then these companies come out with a new gadget proclaiming it to be the ultimate in deer calling and everybody all of a sudden has heard deer growling all over the place. IMHO, I vote them to be another gadget to get your money.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Save you're money if you already own a grunt call. Does the same thing, except you extend the length of the grunt, just like the Growl of a deer!

Quick Reply: Buck Growl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.