Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck fever?

Old 09-24-2006, 07:09 AM

Default RE: Buck fever?

i've always enjoyed hunting and being in the woods, i thinks when istop getting the rush, i'll give it up, just love that feeling.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've heard from the squirrels that visit me while on stand that the bucks just before they break up do indeed break out into a sweat at the mention of my name. They tell stories of the guys who haven't returned, cry a little and wish each other a safe returnknowing full well, some will not.

I happen to know, although, thatmost squirrelsare paid informants and not to be trusted.It's a reason I have adopted Hiawatha's approach.[8D]
Old 09-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I second what one on one said. what a rush.
Dan
ORIGINAL: one on one

i've always enjoyed hunting and being in the woods, i thinks when istop getting the rush, i'll give it up, just love that feeling.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Dominant Buck

The day I quit getting buck(or doe) fever will be the day I stop hunting . Without the thrill it isn't worth the kill .
Old 09-24-2006, 02:48 PM

I always have that slight nervous feeling when a deer steps out. But i usually have a few moments of the shakes afteri have shot the deer. I concentrate on the deer as i shoot to try and see what the reaction of the deer and gauge how good the shot placement was. I hear the shot but sometimes never really remember the recoil. After that comes the Buck Fever shakes. Probably from all that built up excitement!!! I'm 50 years young and still love the rush. Buttaken the deer is like the icing on the cake. Just being in the woods and enjoying the time with my sons, and other deer hunters in camp is beyond priceless!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

usually i just try to focus all my attention behind the shoulder when im taking the shot and noteven look atthe rack. its hard to do sometimes but it works for me
Old 09-24-2006, 03:01 PM

Buck fever is the driving power behind thrill of the hunt, you just need to control it, I also get just as excited at a large doe as a big rack!
Old 09-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

I get excited. I start breathing faster and my gut starts flopping around. But i usualy manage to hold it together. Until after the shot, that is when i fall apart. I have been known to forget how work the bolt on my rifle. Just this morning i arrowed a doe just 6 yards from my ladderstand. It took three tries to get my breathing under control.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

$h!t I get the fever when I see a doe come into my stand!
Old 09-25-2006, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been very fortunate before the shot nothing because i know i havent got it yet but once i have made the shot and know it was good then the adreniline is pumping to so hard I almost start shaking uncontrolably, but then Im fine after about 5 minutes. but on controlling it would anyone want to control it? I love the feeling too much, thats why i hunt in the first place.

Quick Reply: Buck fever?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.