Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ever harvested a rare deer?

Old 09-21-2006, 05:30 AM

Default Ever harvested a rare deer?

How many of you have ever harvested a piebald, albino or melanistic deer? If you have pics, please post them. If you haven't noticed already by my username, I love color phase deer and I hope to bag one someday. We have a melanistic buck running around here but he is really smart.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ever harvested a rare deer?

Yes Piebalddoe, as I mentioned to you before, I got a Piebald doe 2 years ago and her fur is on my wall. It looks really neat. Also as I mentioned I got her on my trail cam a few times before I killed her after hunting JUST her for 9 days, letting other deer walk so I wouldn't spook the area. So I have before and after pics of her. That's cool!
She is mostly all white with small matching brown markings on both sides.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

A partially piebald doe we affectionately named 'Spot' for the big white spot (about 20" in diameter) centered right between her shoulder blades. I would see her every year with yearlings in the same soybean field until she reached 9.5 yrs old and had no yearlings, then I shot her!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:13 AM

I have never harvested an odd deer but my dad shot a buck once that only had about 1inch antler sticking out from its head. He thought it was a big doe but turns out a buck with basically no rack. It field dressed just under 200lbs.
From the body size this deer should have been a 6-8 point from my experience
thought it was a bit odd
Old 09-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I killed a piebald doe several years ago. The white on he belly just continued up toward her back and she had spots on her head and neck.

Old 09-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

I shot a piebald doe archery hunting a few years it had white hair mixed all through the brown on it. As well as alot of white on the hind quarters and legs. Here is a picture of it.

I also shot a three point doe once and that rack was strange to see. It still had velvit on it as it didn't know enough to rub it off.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

I shot an almost all white piebald doe with the bow severl years ago. all i have are 35mm, does anybody know how to scan? and get them on??
Old 09-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

muckland, that's exactly what I need to learn how to do. I have TONS of pics but don't know how to scan and upload yet. I have a printer, scanner and copyer. I'll have to geta computer "Geek" to come over sometime I guess. I'm fairly new to the PC world and I'm missing out on alot because I can't do this and I'm short changing others as well!
Old 09-22-2006, 06:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Your scanner comes with an owner's manual , they aren't hard to use , just follow the directions .
Old 09-22-2006, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a cabin in Somerset Co.,Pa that every year,I see at least once a piebald.I even saw an all white deer(not an albino,tho)but that was during turkey season.I had a piebald doe walk right under my stand during rifle but that was when it was still buck only.Pretty cool to see,tho.

Quick Reply: Ever harvested a rare deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.