Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

PA Hunters

Old 09-21-2006, 04:53 AM

Default PA Hunters

Who got their doe tags yet? My first one just came in the mail yesterday. I sent them out a little late so I don't know if I will get the bonus tag.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA Hunters

Yes Piebalddoe, I got the one I mailed in for and it was #50, I thought that was pretty cool. Then I got 3 more over the counter, they are all 5 digit #tags. In WMU 5-D, where I hunt tags are basicly unlimited. You gotta luv it.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:26 AM

lol how do get more than two doe tags. I thought that's all you were allowed.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

In Montgomery Co, which is considered a "special regs. county"/5-D you can get basicly as many as you want. This situation exists because there are so many deer and very little public land to hunt. Again, you gotta luv it!
Old 09-21-2006, 06:40 AM

I moved out of PA 2 years ago, so now I have to get out of state tags. This year I didn't pull one. But I hunt both PA and NY so between the two states I can shoot 4 or 5 deer. including 3 bucks. Although the chance ofharvesting 3 mature bucks are slim. But I'll love trying.
I saw your other post about color phase deer, I have never shot one, but I have seen several. I agree they are very neat animals.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: early in

In Montgomery Co, which is considered a "special regs. county"/5-D you can get basicly as many as you want. This situation exists because there are so many deer and very little public land to hunt. Again, you gotta luv it!
Lucky!!! lol
Old 09-22-2006, 01:17 AM
Spike

you are allowed to get up to 1 regular doe tagand 2 bonus tags.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got my 2 this week--one for 2C and 1 for 5B.Hope to fill all three tags in archery.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I didn't bother sending for a doe tag. All the talk of no deer, no deer but geez the tags sold out. I'm not condemning anyone. I haven't had the need to shoot a doe for years. I can score on a buck in bowseason. I'm the only one that eats it and I pretty much have delicious bologna made so I let the does walk.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob, I don't "have a need" to shoot doe either but our local deer herd needs thinning. In my area we have a1-10 BTD ratio. Thatalone, dictates the need to shoot doe in my region. If it was up to me, we would have an "earn a buck" program in my area.
Almost forgot, I donate to Hunters HelpingThe Hungry.

Quick Reply: PA Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.