Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hey guys, what do...

Old 09-21-2006, 03:23 AM

Default Hey guys, what do...

you think about when your on stand for say 8-14 hours? I like to site all day long while hunting and not leave the stand. So much runs through my head, but mostly I think about my family and ways to improve myself as a family and spiritual leader within my family. What do y'all think about?
Old 09-21-2006, 05:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hey guys, what do...

A big monster 200" buck that's about to step into my sights!!
Old 09-21-2006, 06:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Life in general and why I never get to kill a 200" buck
Old 09-21-2006, 06:40 AM

I agree with life in general. There may be something that is on your mind and hunting serves as a release for this issue. Have to be careful though cause i have almost burst out laughing b4 at some stuff. Time really seemed to go fast for me this year in the elk stand i think it was because my stand location had alot of bush around rather than an open field so i was constantly scanning looking for movement of shrubs. I like to text message my partners also, it makes no noise and they can reply whenever they want rather than having to pick up phone.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

Spend alot of time reflecting on my personal life. Good way to clear the head and look at things without all of life's tensions. I also like just watching the animals like squirrels, racoons, etc, to see all their actions.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

When I finally am settled in the stand, I will usually try to look for anyone through the binoculars, because I tend to people watch, especially in the malls. If that does not give me any excitement, I will turn my attention to some nature that might be moving around, birds, squirrels, etc. After awhile, I will pull out the old palm pilot and play several games on that, or rip into my snacks and start eating, and drinking the Pepsi. Or just relax and think about life and how lucky I am to have time with family and friends away from the city and its idiocy
Old 09-21-2006, 09:00 AM

I try not to think, but listen, smell and try to enjoy my surroundings. I get enough thinking at work. When I do wander into thought, it usually is about what deer I may see, or may be present, weather conditions, other possible locations to hunt in the area, and I guess about my wife and how she is doing with daddys little girl. [:@]
Old 09-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

I usually just allow time for reflection and to look at nature. i try not to think about anything like work or anything else. To me it's a time to get back to basics and allow for some relaxation.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:06 AM

Well in the past I usually just think about how lucky I am to live in a great country where we can do the things we like and enjoy our freedom this up coming season I am sure I will be thinking about my new family as my wife and I just had triplets in Jan so I will be thinking about how lucky we are as they are healthy and growing like crazy
I will also be thinking about all the gear that they will need along with the $$$ for mounting their first deer........can't wait for those days
Old 09-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: danscott

Spend alot of time reflecting on my personal life. Good way to clear the head and look at things without all of life's tensions. I also like just watching the animals like squirrels, racoons, etc, to see all their actions.
Same here . Oh , and I think about girls a lot too ...

Quick Reply: Hey guys, what do...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.