Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Moderators

Old 09-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default Moderators

Sorry to bother all the moderators, but they are trying to set up a 2006/2007 Gun Contest and need the assistance of a moderator to set it up. Is there any chance that someone could give some assistance in there.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Moderators

If the mod who helped last year doesn't, or another mod doesn't want it, I will help or can oversee it.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:53 PM

I don't believe we're being allowed to participate in multiple contests.

An attempt at starting a youth contest was interrupted when we were informed that we wouldn't be allowed to participate in both the youth contest and the general archery contest.

Perhaps this was because they were both archery related, but I'm just letting you know in case you planned on participating in the gun hunting contest as well. You may want to ask Rob about that.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:02 PM

Washington Hunter, you are correct. We can't be in 2 seperate contests, but for those that AREN'T already in the bowhunting contest and want to run their own, that's always been ok, although it seems redundant....
Old 09-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think rob let the people participate in the gun and deer contest last year at teh same tim ebecause of the fact the archery season opens up earlier and people grab the ol smoke poles for the late season tog et some meat or that trophy at a distance i dont know rob i would like to know because personally in november i will only have a bow at one of my stands until december due to the rut
Old 09-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

I am signing up for my son. I am in the archery contest and I will try to help set this on up. Since I can't be in both, my son wanted to be in the gun contest. I don't think that will be a problem.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:40 PM

I thought we can sign up for both snice one is bow the other gun, ID did it last year[8D]
Old 09-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

I can't find the 2005 rules the contest went by so are the 2004 rules used satisfactory? Also, centerfire rifles and hanguns should be allowed if legal to use in those states. At least they were all allowed in the 2004 contest. Opinons?
Old 09-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

I totally agree. I believe that the 2005 rules are posted in the signin link.

Old 09-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Guys, that was only one bowhunting contest, you can participate in the gun contest as well as the bow contest.....it was only one bow contest trying to bring everyone, youth, crossbow, traditional as well as compound all together. If you want to be in the gun contest too, by all means do so. No biggy....

Quick Reply: Moderators

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.