Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rifle Cases

Old 09-12-2006, 07:45 PM

Default Rifle Cases

Hey guys. This will be my first year deer hunting and I just got a new rifle. Im looking to get a case for it but don't know if I should get a hardcover or softcover. What kind do you recommend. Thanks in advance
Old 09-13-2006, 01:24 AM
Spike

Default RE: Rifle Cases

Depends on the vehicle you'll traveling in to go hunting. Most times a good soft case is all you'll need. If the rifle runs the chance of getting bumped and bounced around like the back of pick-up, oryou're traveling by air,then go with a hard case. If not, a good soft case will be fine and take less room. Also the hard case is not the best for storing a gun for an extended period of time when the season is over so you may want to get a soft case as well. The above applies to all firearms, scoped rifles as well as unscoped rifles and shotguns.

Good luck on your first hunt! NYCHunter
Old 09-13-2006, 01:29 AM

Hard Case...Hard case....Hard Case

You won't be sorry! I used a soft case and it was fine, I was extra careful and all but when there were others sharing space they would throw/slide there hard cases on top/into mine. A lot less headache with a hard case...
Old 09-13-2006, 04:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hard case. I used a soft case for years. A few years ago I bought a good hard shell case. I wouldn't go back. I don't worry about bumping the scope or other guys piling stuff on top of it. Those hard cases have excellent protection.
I'd also recommend not storing it in that hard case. Also, spend a little more money and get one with good latches. You'll end up buying one anyway.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:08 AM

hard case... no worries..
Old 09-13-2006, 09:33 AM

I actually own both hard and soft cases. i use my hard case for travelling and I take the soft case with me as I need to keep my gun ina case before sunsrise adn after sunset. It is easier to carry to the tree stand and can be folded up.
For the best protection get the hard case.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

I have a hard case. I went ahead and spent the money for one that is airline approved. Never know when I will be able to go on a safari hunt. I just like to be prepared.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:47 PM

what are the problems with storing a gun in a hard case? is it cause it is air tight or something and wont let moisture out?
Old 09-13-2006, 01:03 PM

I highly reccomend a good hard case. They afford you much more protection than a soft one. A buddy of mine ended up with a broken stock when his treestand fell over onto his soft guncase. Snapped the poor little plastic number in two.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have both and much prefer a hard case...

Quick Reply: Rifle Cases

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.