Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Your Wife

Old 09-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Wife

The women that I've dated have been offspring of Satan.
Just imagine how precious the time in your stand would be, if you married one of them!

If my wife suddenly left me, I'm sure I could comfort myself with many hours of therapy....right in my tree stand.
I consider the psychological ruination of a hunt a form of abuse, and react accordingly. If your wife interferes with a reasonable amount of hunting, refuse to go to her parents house for a year and absolutely NO shopping trips with her during the long boring month of February. They have no idea how much these two things torture us, do they?
Obviously...my wife keeps her yap shut about it now.
Marriage is NOT servitude. If it becomes such you are in need of a change. As long as you are a good partner to her and take care of family responsibilities, you are entitled to your passions in life.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Spike

CThunter8...you said you're only 14 yrs old. A word of advise on marriage. The complaining doesn't start unitl after you put the ring on their finger. So when you do meet the girl of your dreams be fair to her, and yourself, and let her see what see can expect from you after your married. This goes for everything, not only hunting. If you show her the real you, and she still sticks around, you know she's probably right for you.

But for now just enjoy being a teenager. You'll be saddled soon enough with responsiblity and lifes problems.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:40 AM

I'm lucky I guess, my father in law hunts and my wife was used to it with him. I spend a lot of time with her and my son from Feburary-September and I try do do everything that they want to do. I coach my son's baseball and football teams so that we can have that time together. I work crazy hours and sometimes it's hard to make the time for the wife but, I will stay until after the high school football game on friday nights so that we can go to them. My club only has 1 weekend that we don't allow guest's so she can come up and stay anytime I am there. She hunts when she can and got her first deer last year on opening weekend. I have friends that envy the situation that I have but, I am sure that there are some people that have it better than me.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:41 AM

my dose nothing but nag about if every year i just go on an go she tryed to chage me there for a lil bit but this year she said she is thinking of going with me i dont no if that is a good thing or a bad thing
Old 09-13-2006, 01:14 AM
Spike

IMO---husbands and wives need a little time away from each other. Hope it works out for you friend.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:26 AM

If she begins to say anything, I remind her I am who I am, the choice was hers...I asked her to marry me, it was a simple yes or no answer....
Old 09-13-2006, 01:42 AM
Fork Horn

I work 12 hr nights, and don't always get my work days in a row. Schedule is usually jumbled up, so sometimes it's hard to fit in time for family/hunting, unless I just take off a few days. My wife has never really objected to me going, but she doesn't usually want to try eating it, and I don't think she would want a deer head in her living room. But now that the kids are out of the house( in college) and she isn't busy with them, I think she likes me going, because she values her quiet/alone time. In fact, at Sunday School last week, the teacher asked some of the wives how they encourage and build up their husbands, and mine said she encouraged me to go to the deer lease!!! I'm not sure if she likes me hunting, or just out of her hair. Either way, it's good for me
Old 09-13-2006, 03:59 AM

I been married 25 years last month and got a good one. Her dad had taught her how to butcher deer right on the kitchen table at an ealry age. She knows what hunting means to us guys, doesn't always like it come holidays season but she is pretty good about it. She doesn't hunt but does shoot bow with us.

We do our butchering in the garage and she is cheif wrapper as the boys and I do the cutting. She is also on most tracking jobs during local bow hunts. She carries the backpack with the camera, rags and spare lights and such. She just tells everyone the world come to a stop during archery season. So come Sept 30th hang on so you don't fall off. LOL
Old 09-13-2006, 04:43 AM
Typical Buck

My father-in-law hunted, so my wife is used to it. She doesn't like it, and used to gripe and moan to me about it so bad before. Ever since we moved toa new house, and my oldest son started hunting, I don't hear about it any more. I see the trade off as, if I want to go hunting, let her spend time going out with her friends, going shopping, etc. If I hear here complain about the hunting again, then those nights hanging out with friends and shopping trips will also be met with complaints. As for kyhuntr, invite her to come out with you. it may be a tact she is using to get you to stop, but once she is out there, she will she why we love to be out in the woods!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:03 AM
BDC
Fork Horn

Lets put it this way, she is not going to pack my lunch for the day. She loves me and puts up with it. I have a good woman.

I always tell her that hunting is better than me going to bars and coming home drunk all the time. Not that I would do that anyway.

I have deer season Oct-Dec and wife season Jan-Sept with an occasional trout
fishing trip in the spring.

BDC

Quick Reply: Your Wife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.