Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Smoking While Deerhunting

Old 09-06-2006, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Smoking While Deerhunting

Wouldn't smoking just add more movement while out in the woods? I man even if the smoke doesn't bother them certainly you have to move more often while smoking than you do if you didn't smoke.

And if that's the case isn't your chances of getting busted greater?
Old 09-06-2006, 11:20 AM

As long as your not smoking crack or meth (fire) and up off of the ground then you should be ok.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Ive shot some of my biggest deer with a smoke hanging from my mouth.
I shot my first bow buck with a Newport hanging from my mouth. I was 15 and that was the bad part.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would think that smoking will not interfere too much with hunting deer. I would be more concerned with the motion of puffs of smoking catching the deer's visual attention than the scent of cigarettes disturbing the deer. I used to smoke and enjoyed it a lot. It seems smoking while sitting in the woods hunting deer would be very pleasant and relaxing. But . . . quit smoking so you'll live longer.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

I don't smoke anymore , but I've had plenty of deer walk up right after I finished a cig or while I was smoking it . Unless they associate that particular smell with danger it doesn't seem to bother them . Deer are very curious by nature .
Maybe they wanted to "bum a fag" themselves
Truth is...smoke is a natural thing. If they are close and get a strong whiff, it may irritate them though and maybe they leave. I smell the rednecks burning their garbage where I hunt all the time and deer pay no attention to it. They would have to leave the county if it bothered them.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Smoking While Deer hunting

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

I have taken a Crap in a 5gal bucket and place by the tree and deer have come up to investigate the Oder. That doesn't smell like nothing in the woods, believe me!
Probably doesn't smellmuch worse than cigarettes or the people who smoke them...
Old 09-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: ipsc shooter

Probably doesn't smellmuch worse than cigarettes or the people who smoke them...
Well, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it! Apparently you have never hunted over controlled burn areas. I have been in the woods over 50yrs and havekilled my share! Now it's your turn.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

well, I smoke but I do not smoke on stand, or while I have my hunting clothes on. My hunting clothes dont see nothing but the woods and the woods only.Before every hunt Ill smoke 1 last cig and then shower, I wont smoke another until Im back at the house. I do this while scouting also. I figure why go thru all that descenting process and then ruin it by lighting up. but I know people that do and they do kill deer but not the kings.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Spike

I agree Smokyghost, why bother decenting your cloths and body only to ruin it. I'll give the smokers this, maybe it doesn't hurt chances of getting a buck...but it sure doesn't help.

I think this topic has been prety well discussed.So good luck to all...the smokers, the chewers and those who do neither.

NYCHunter
Old 09-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: NYC Hunter

I agree Smokyghost, why bother dissenting your cloths and body only to ruin it. I'll give the smokers this, maybe it doesn't hurt chances of getting a buck...but it sure doesn't help.

I think this topic has been pretty well discussed.So good luck to all...the smokers, the chewers and those who do neither.

Pichunter
NYC,the only thing different from a Tinks Smoking Stick and a cigarette is, the cigarette is bad for your health. What's the difference between a Tinks Smoking Stick and a Aromatic Pipe Tobacco or a Back Woods "Honey Berry" cigar?

Quick Reply: Smoking While Deerhunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.