Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How will HIGH gas prices effect YOUR hunting this year? >

How will HIGH gas prices effect YOUR hunting this year?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Will not effect my Hunting at all!
67.37%
I will hunt just as much but less scouting trips
18.95%
I will not ba able to hunt as much as I have in the past!
13.68%
I will need to truck pool to get to hunt this year.
0%
Im going to take up golf !
0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

How will HIGH gas prices effect YOUR hunting this year?

Old 08-19-2006, 09:47 PM

Default RE: How will HIGH gas prices effect YOUR hunting this year?

I have spent close to $50,000 for land, cabin ATV's etc. A few extra bucks for gasfor my enjoyment won't kill me but it sure makes me mad though.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:06 PM

Its not going to affect my hunting this year DD,DRIVE ABOUT 5 MILES TO 2 DIFFRENT ARES I HUNT,AND FORTY MIN, TO ANOTHER SPOT. GAS JUST WENT DOWN UP HERE IN MA. WENT FROM 305 TO 289[8D]
Old 08-20-2006, 06:39 AM

want effect me a bit, i keep three part times jobs going in the off season,well one is the honey do list,lol
Old 08-20-2006, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

The price of gas will not effect my hunting in fact I'm going to do more hunting local and up north this year.
As of the end this month August 31st I'm going to retire from where I work , just in time for the hunting season.
Talk about good timing .... huh .
RD CONGRATS on your retirement on MY birthday August 31rst ...good luck to you and hope you have a HELL of a season !

dd
Old 08-20-2006, 07:12 AM

oh it will affect me., but im still goin to do so ., i have in my budget,. that from sept thru dec that we have to allow more$$ to the gas fund,. so this will really help me ., and my wife, so she is not so madd at me for over spending on gas., i tell her ,hey we need to eat this winter ., hehe!! she replys back .,get this ., WHATEVER., have a safe hunting season everybody!!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mnsqueeze

oh it will affect me., but im still goin to do so ., i have in my budget,. that from sept thru dec that we have to allow more$$ to the gas fund,. so this will really help me ., and my wife, so she is not so madd at me for over spending on gas., i tell her ,hey we need to eat this winter ., hehe!! she replys back .,get this ., WHATEVER., have a safe hunting season everybody!!
MAN talk about PREASURE ...MN you best be bringing home the bacon ole buddy

dd
Old 08-20-2006, 07:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Fortunately my hunting land is close enough where it won't effect me too much. However I will have to part with a couple of my "other" pieces of land that I have hunted in the past.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:34 AM

dd yes it is always preasure around here during hunting season., no it really is not ., i have my 13 year old daughter goin again this year and maybe my 20 year old daughtergoin for her first time .,my wife is so good about the hunting season ., she knows this is what i love to do and has been since we said "I DO" 24 years ago ., so it is all good here in MN., and the freezer always gets filled for the winter., good luck to you this year and be safe., !!
Old 08-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I just have to figure out how I am going to get my gun, deer stand, blind, and other accessories on my ten speed! I believe that I can figure out how to strap it all on the bike - couple of stretch straps and some old milk boxes - just might do the trick - I will make sure that the reflectors work properly so that I can be safe on the way home - also some type of sound system - don't get me started!
Old 08-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Same answer as last year. No change in plans. Instead of a road trip to Newfoundland we are going to Colorado which is about twice the distance. Instead of hunting in Central NY we are going to Ohio which is about twice as far. Since gas is about twice as much as last year at least we are being consistent.

Quick Reply: How will HIGH gas prices effect YOUR hunting this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.