Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Serious Ethics Question> want serious answers >

Serious Ethics Question> want serious answers

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Serious Ethics Question> want serious answers

Old 01-13-2002, 03:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Serious Ethics Question> want serious answers

the owner of private property you have hunted with owners permisssion for years calls you and tells you there is a wounded buck he has been seeing that is wounded in the rear quarters and with his binoculars he can see a wound with green ooze coming out of it. He has herd it make painful moaning sounds as it moves. He has called the Game commission and they told him unless the deer is laying down and cant get up there not going to come out and chase a dying deer around. The game commission said it will eventually die.And if you shoot it illegally you will be fined. The owner ask you to come down and take a look. You go down and after a hour of sneaking around you kick up the buck. It can trot say 20 30 yards then falls or lays down and is breathing very heavy and in obvious pain and suffering. the land owner wants you to put it out of its misery. You tell the land owner yes it is deer season but you have filled all your buck tags.And for you to shoot it that would be illegal. What do you do????? put it out of its misery and report it ,which in are state it is well documented even though you were honest and reported that you put it out of its misery you will be fined and maybe loose your hunting rights for 1 year.What would you do Let it suffer or take it out and keep your mouth shut???????? This was a true scenerio that I heard of this year.
FACTS> 1 Deer definitaly suffering and aint going to make it
2 Its illegal and you could be prosecuted if caught.
3 Game Commission refused to help the landowner
4 th e landowner cant shoot it cause he cant buy a hunting license or possess a gun because of a domestic abuse order against him.

Edited by - cardeer on 01/13/2002 04:43:19
Old 01-13-2002, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Serious Ethics Question> want serious answers

Well for me CD I would put it out of his misery. I would keep my mouth shut. The thing about ethics is that it is not always legal but it puts your own beliefs to the test.

Nature is cruel no doubt about that. But I like to help it whenever I can.

Others might not agree but to each there own. We all have our own ethics in what we will do in a certain situation.

Brian
Old 01-13-2002, 04:25 AM

put it down and keep your mouth shut!!!!!
I would say that is the ethicial thing to do.
I cant beleive th game com. would do nothing.in Fla. they ars willing to help any way they can,or that is my experence.
Old 01-13-2002, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would put the deer down and be quiet or maybe try to find a friend who still had tags to make it legal.
Old 01-13-2002, 05:34 AM

I would put the deer downAnd keep my mouth shut. It's not honest but it's ethical.
Old 01-13-2002, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

Ethically the law is not always right. I would put it out of its misery and not say a word. If compassion is in your heart, the Lord knows it.

AllenC
Old 01-13-2002, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

well this is an easy one. shoot it but keep ur mouth shut. it may not be legal, but are we talking of legality? no, were talking about ethnicity. my 2 cents
Old 01-13-2002, 07:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would tend to agree with the others. I would shoot it and keep my mouth shut....hypothetically speaking ofcourse.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:21 AM

put em down and dont say a word.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:30 AM

This is not a hard one for me either.Put it out of its misery.The law may not be right all the time.

Quick Reply: Serious Ethics Question> want serious answers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.