Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Trophy deer hunts/hog hunts  SC or AL >

Trophy deer hunts/hog hunts SC or AL

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trophy deer hunts/hog hunts SC or AL

Old 08-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Spike

Default Trophy deer hunts/hog hunts SC or AL

Anyone ever hunt different outfitters/plantations in SC or AL for deer and hogs? I am looking to travel to either with my son (13) for a deer and hog hunt. Any suggestions or reccommendations? Welcome any and all comments
Old 08-07-2006, 04:03 AM

Default RE: Trophy deer hunts/hog hunts SC or AL

Honestly, I would at least consider going to Texas, instead of Alabama or South Carolina. I live in Alabama, and while there is some fantastic hunting here for both pigs and deer, most of the outfitters {actually all of the outfitters that I know} work solely on keepinghigh numbers of people in camp throughout the entire season. Their properties are severely over hunted and over harvested. While they do manage to kill alot of animals, it's simply because every single animal that makes the mistake of walking into any kind of opening gets shot. In my opinion, there are no outfitters in this state where you'll have a really good opportunity to harvest an animal period, much less, a trophy. Also, from what I've heard, South Carolina is in the same category. With such long seasons, and liberal bag limits, it is incredibly difficult to find any animal that isn't fully aware of the fact that it is being hunted. It's not that the animals aren't there. They are, they are just very well educated. Otherwise, somebody else would have already shot them. Westervelt lodge in AL. and Bostick Plantation in SC. are probably the two biggest operations in those states. I know several people who have hunted both of these places. I've yet to hear any good feedback from either place. Texas is honestly your best bet in my opinion, if you really want to see animals. If you look around, there are alot of places down there, that are just as cheap as anywhere else.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Trophy deer hunts/hog hunts SC or AL

http://www.turknine.com/