Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Same buck or not?

Old 07-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Spike

Default Same buck or not?

I have these pictures and we are debating if it's the same deer or not. I've looked at them enough that I need another set of eyes or 3 to look. The first pic is the deer I named the "tumor buck", primarily because of the growth on the face. The second looks a whole lot like him, esp. the shape of the beams and the brows, but there is nothing on the face. At first, second and maybe third glance, the rack seems to be the same deer 3 weeks later. Then I talk myself out of it and say the left brow is longer in the first (earlier) shot. Please let me know what you think before I drive myself nuts. Thanks.

Matthew
Old 07-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Same buck or not?

i think it is but thats just me
Old 07-31-2006, 03:36 AM
Typical Buck

I think its the same as well. If it is, it is an awesome example of how a rack progresses. THANKS
Old 07-31-2006, 07:10 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-31-2006, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Who's your daddy? They could very easliy have the same genetics which is why they look very similar. I personally don't think they are the same deer which is good for you. Both are solid deer and hopefully they are around this fall.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

different buck. Look at the bases...... the one at the top has thick bases and shorter tines. just my opinion.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:52 AM

The only thing that I can see that helps me say two deer are the brow tines. The buck on the top has his brow tines alot closer at the point then the one on the bottom. And as the last said the bases look different. Its a tuffy though!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:57 AM

I would say they are different bucks.
The 1st pic has bigger bases and more mass.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think they are different bucks as well. the scar on the buck, and the bases are bigger on the first pic.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

they are the same deer the reason your talking about the mass at the bases is because its a different angle look at the browtines and the growthat the bases.Its the same deer

Quick Reply: Same buck or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.