Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Club  info. ...Am I paying too much? >

Club info. ...Am I paying too much?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Club info. ...Am I paying too much?

Old 11-04-2002, 11:00 PM
Spike

Default Club info. ...Am I paying too much?

Im just getting back into hunting after nearly 16yrs and was wondering of those of you who are members of clubs how much are your dues per outing, yearly, etc. The club I am thinking of going with alot around the piedmont and tidewater regions of Virginia has dues of about $450 to $400/yr or $20- $15 per outing.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:44 PM

Default RE: Club info. ...Am I paying too much?

My guys pay 400 a year, now i have some guys from texas that have done alot for our club so we let them pay 300 a year.
We have money in the bank to do things with as a club and they pay me to brush hog and maintain roads on our turf . thats only cause of the price of my equipment . i really don't make any money just pay for my expense and wear and tear.

SOUTH ARKANSAS REBEL
Old 11-05-2002, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ghostalker,

....You've got mail! I'm in the Richmond, VA area and am interested in a hunt club too. Could you or anyone provide some info for me? Thanks.

Butch
Old 11-05-2002, 08:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

It depends on what you are getting for your money. In our club we have about 4300 acres and 16 members. About 6 of the members are mainly turkey hunters. We have about 50 food plots, try to practice quality deer management, 3 guest days per member, walk in cooler, camp ground with electricity and county water, and an abundance of deer for $1200. You tag in and out of any area you want to hunt and hunt any day you want to. All new members are on probation. If they don't get along, they are gone.

Old 11-05-2002, 10:25 AM

Our land which is made up of 1100 acres with food plots and good game management. Deer, trukey, and some bird hutning is the main hunting items, we limit our membership to 25 and the dues are $350.00 a year.And $20 for visitors, which is very limited.

Look into the clubs you are interested in and check them out. Some people say we should be charging about $500.00 for yearly memberships. Our hunting organization is well set up and is a good environment to hunt in, with great results for members.

The question would be is it worth it to you?

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!
Old 11-05-2002, 10:31 AM

in Fla. I pay $550.00,some are a little less,but some are a lot more $1500.00 no guest!
it depends on the club and what you get.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.