Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Moultrie Game Cameras

Old 07-27-2006, 05:52 PM

Default Moultrie Game Cameras

Is there anybody else here that has problems with the ropes on a moultrie 200 game camera? when i put it on a tree i cant open it with out it moving a lot. the stops get in the way. any modifacations that you guys have done would help.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Moultrie Game Cameras

Sorry, can't help you yet with your problem. Haven't taken mine out of the box yet. I was hoping someone on here would post about Moultrie Game Cams as I just bought 2 Game Watcher 2.1 for $95 each. What's the difference between the Game Watcher and the Game Spy? Should I stick with the 2.1 or take them back and get the 3.1? The 3.1 is advertised for $150. Also, I assume it's best to get the rechargeable battery and charger instead of buying replaceable ones all the time. Don't mean to steal your thread but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Can't wait to get something out there and start taking pictures!
Old 07-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had the same problem. her is what helped me. I took off the button lock stops that slide on the string, on the side of the camera that opens, and just tied them to the holes. then on the hinge side after wrapping around the tree, put the strings thru the front of the holes instead of from the rear, so your button lock will be on the back side of the holes and not in the way on the front side of them. hope you can make sence of this.
Dan
Old 07-27-2006, 10:28 PM
Fork Horn

Have had the Moultrie Gamespy 200 out for a little over a wk. so far.
Mine is the 3.1MP , and got it at Bass Pro for $167. It came with puny little bungee cords, that besides being on the lightweight side, were to short to go around anything bigger than about a 6-8" tree. I used small ropes, but did have to finesse the door shut with the knots sort fo getting in the way. Is taking good pics so far, albeit only does [:@]
Old 07-28-2006, 04:23 AM
Dominant Buck

I find them somewhat annoying , and if it bothers me enough I may swap those strings for a cam strap or glue a shelf type trunk mount on the back of it .
Old 07-28-2006, 06:01 AM

thanks dan that will help me a lot.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:39 PM

There is a really easy solution for this and you don't have to tie anything. Instead of putting the string through the hole from the rear and putting the button lock on, put the button lock on and insert the string through the rear of the hole, then run the string back through the button stock and tighten as needed. I did this with mine and it works great. This will hold the camera in place and you can open as needed without any trouble. Hope this helps
Old 07-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks...I had the same issue.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

i ahve this camera and i cut those stupid strings off the first i i went to put it up....I then replaced them with wire and let me tell you it is a WHOLE lot easier to mess with...on one side you tie the wire onto the plastic hole where the strign went thru....then make a big long piece of wire and just loop it thru the other hole around the tree and pull so that it tightens but be careful no tto do this too tight cause you could break the plastic....also have you guys had a hard time getting your camera to take pictures??? I believe my camera is the 1.3 mp one and its seems super SLOW...also they didnt give very good instructions with their product...
Old 07-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I completely replaced the ropes with those pull tight type of rachet straps. I used a couple zip-ties to fasten key chain rings to the corners...then I use the rachet straps in the rings to tighten it...it works much better.

Quick Reply: Moultrie Game Cameras

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.