Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Treestands

Old 07-27-2006, 03:27 PM

Default Treestands

what are some of you guys favorite climbers?
Old 07-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Treestands

I love my Summit; I've got a Cobra XLS top to go along with my Viper XLS. That way, if I ever go rifle hunting (probably will never happen, but if...) I can use the top with the bar for a support. Ended up with it because I bought the Viper XLS off my father who decided using any kind of climber was too much work (the ultimate weekend-warrior deer hunter ), and then purchased the Cobra top directly from Summit for my bowhunting needs.

I love the cable technology, and it's comfortable enough to sleep in. It's also rock, rock solid.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Summit Viper for the Arrowmaster...
Old 07-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

Another vote for Summit here! Just figure out what you like in a stand before you go out and get one.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

I've used an API bowhunter for about 6 years now and love it. At the time I didn't really care much for Summit but that's because I had used an older model with the bars for attaching to the tree instead of the cable. If/when I ever wear out my API I'll take a hard look at the Summit backpacker.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't really wanted to reply to this because I don't use a climber but I can't help myself.
I peffer to use a fixed - loc - on and my favorite is my Lone Wolf Alpha hang - on I do have two other stands but I use this one the most.

Thats my two cents worth thank you
Old 07-28-2006, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

API bowhunter. Light but very sturdy. However, Summit has some quality out there also. I guess it just depends on what your preference is...stand-up / sit down, shooting rails... ect.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't own one yet....but I plan on getting the Summit Razor SS pretty soon here. Iwill let you know what I think of it once I get it...but from what I've read, I imagine it is a great stand!
Old 08-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Spike

Own a Summit Goliath rock solid and rated for 350 lb. Only draw back is it's like setting in my Lazy boy,( too easy to fall asleep).
Old 08-01-2006, 01:20 PM

summit bushmaster x-5 ..i love it..light weight...open front...perfect for archery hunting

Quick Reply: Treestands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.