Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

doe day

Old 07-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default doe day

I have had this idea for years, what your states wildlife association shoudl do is have a doe day during the first or second weekend in rifle to help keep the buk to doe ratio, i know my are could really use it because its all out of wack
Old 07-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: doe day

In my county in VA the first two Saturdays are doe days. Also the last six are doe days. Youth hunters can tag one doe anytime during the season.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

i wish tn was that way
Old 07-11-2006, 04:35 PM

we are lucky here in fauqier county va its doe day all season. but then again we are in the top 3 counties for population.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:49 PM

Kansas has a couple of days set a side around the 1st of Januray for anterless deer. I've seen some bucks get shot that had already dropped thier antlers then. I think we could do without that in my part of the state and concentrate on the counties that need to reduce the number of does.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

TN really needs to o something like that
Old 07-11-2006, 06:32 PM

here in va its set up differently per county. we have all season does but most of the counties have does during bow and muzzleloader then 1st and second saturday and last week of rifle for does.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

well i live in northeast tn about 20 mins from va and i have debated hutning in va for years but i dont really know much about the public land or anyone with private land.See im only 15 and my dad lives in bristol va and he tags along with me alot just for something me and him can do together.I just go with him a few weekends out of the year the rest of the time i go with my stepdad or by myself behind my house.Moral to the story i would like to be able to hunt in (or know somewhere to hunt) in va for those weekends i take my dad. I could get a residents liscense because hes my dad and he lives in va so that would work out but i have no idea where to hunt
Old 07-11-2006, 07:20 PM

In PA we have both antlered and anterless rifle seasons running at the same exact time. The biggest change I've seen since they started it is a large increasein the number of "brown and down" shooters. If they see a deer, they fire. Last year I had to report 3 different guys for shooting undersized bucks and leaving them to rot when they found that they didn't have enough points and/or didn't fall right down.
( lousy motherf.....s [:@])

Old 07-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeah but the buck to doe ratio is way out of wack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.